Associate Director of Partner Management
Voyager Therapeutics (Nasdaq: VYGR) is a biotechnology company dedicated to breaking through barriers in gene therapy and neurology. The potential of both disciplines has been constrained by delivery challenges; Voyager is leveraging cutting-edge expertise in capsid discovery and deep neuropharmacology capabilities to address these constraints. Voyager’s TRACER™ AAV capsid discovery platform has generated novel capsids with high target delivery and blood-brain barrier penetration at low doses, potentially addressing the narrow therapeutic window associated with conventional gene therapy delivery vectors. This platform is fueling alliances with Alexion, AstraZeneca Rare Disease; Novartis Pharma AG; Neurocrine Biosciences, Inc. and Sangamo Therapeutics, Inc., as well as multiple programs in Voyager’s own pipeline. Voyager’s pipeline includes wholly-owned and collaborative preclinical programs in Alzheimer’s disease, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), Parkinson’s disease, and other diseases of the central nervous system, with a focus on validated targets and biomarkers to enable a path to rapid potential proof-of-biology. For more information, visit www.voyagertherapeutics.com.
Voyager is seeking a motivated Partner Manager to play a pivotal part in shaping and executing strategic collaborations that drive innovation and advance our mission to develop life-changing therapies. If you thrive in a collaborative environment, excel at building strong partnerships, and have a strategic mindset, we invite you to be a key player in propelling Voyager Therapeutics to new heights in the field of gene therapy.
The successful candidate will support value creation and risk minimization. Additionally, you will provide overall coordination with the different operational units and functional experts within Voyager, as well as with the assigned partner. The successful candidate needs to possess the experience and ability to support execution consistent with the terms of the applicable contract(s) and to give sound and balanced feedback to stakeholders in connection to issues requiring alignment or dispute resolution.
• Serve as the central point of contact for the assigned alliances for the duration of the relationship.
• Develop deep understanding of the contractual framework of the alliance and the implications.
• Solve contractual questions that VYGR participants of the alliance may have (in all aspects)
• Act as the liaison for multiple internal departments such as Legal, BD, Finance, Research, and Manufacturing
• Prepare materials and ensure internal alignment to facilitate effective decision making of the appropriate joint governance bodies.
• Coordinate JSC meetings and ensure documentation of decisions, actions, and discussion.
- Establish key performance indicators (KPIs) for alliance success and regularly report on the progress to internal and external stakeholders.
- Analyze data to identify areas for improvement and implement strategies to enhance alliance performance.
- Develop and manage routine capsid data packages to be delivered to existing partners.
• BS in related discipline with 8+ years of industry experiences in relevant fields OR MS with 6+ years OR Ph.D. with 4+ years
• Minimum of two years in alliance management, program management or relationship management in R&D or other relevant functions.
• Scientific experience in biopharma neuroscience Research and Development with working knowledge across multiple phases of development (pre-IND, Phase 1-3)
• Proven track record in supporting early-stage programs/project leadership including project plan generation, timeline management and budget planning
• Ability to translate agreements and educate others on contractual provisions (intellectual property provisions, publication language, long term obligations, etc.)
• Comfortable interacting with senior management in written and verbal communications
• Highest level of confidentiality as information may be sensitive and material for either or both, Voyager and Partners
• Experience with AAV gene therapy drug development, bench to bedside and with biologics drug discovery and development
• In-depth familiarity with target validation and lead identification and optimization using molecular, cellular, and in vivo methodologies
• Established credentials in program management and business acumen. PMP certification or MBA is a plus.