IT Technical Analyst
About Voyager Therapeutics
Voyager Therapeutics (Nasdaq: VYGR) is a biotechnology company dedicated to breaking through barriers in gene therapy and neurology. The potential of both disciplines has been constrained by delivery challenges; Voyager is leveraging cutting-edge expertise in capsid discovery and deep neuropharmacology capabilities to address these constraints. Voyager’s TRACER™ AAV capsid discovery platform has generated novel capsids with high target delivery and blood-brain barrier penetration at low doses, potentially addressing the narrow therapeutic window associated with conventional gene therapy delivery vectors. This platform is fueling alliances with Pfizer Inc., Novartis Pharma AG, Neurocrine Biosciences, Inc., and Sangamo Therapeutics, Inc., as well as multiple programs in Voyager’s own pipeline. Voyager’s pipeline includes wholly owned and collaborative preclinical programs in Alzheimer’s disease, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), Parkinson’s disease, and other diseases of the central nervous system, with a focus on validated targets and biomarkers to enable a path to rapid potential proof-of-biology. For more information, visit www.voyagertherapeutics.com
The IT Technical Analyst role will function as a liaison between Internal Departments and IT (in-house and MSPs). Candidates applying for this role should have necessary skills to assist, identify, and solve IT automation needs of multiple Departments by translating strategies into IT Solutions. The candidate will also help with process improvement, client communication, and validation activities. This is a Hybrid position based in Lexington, MA and reports to the Director of IT.
- Interface with a broad array of internal business partners on a routine basis, providing visibility to those other areas of the business, and how these functions work together to meet organizational goals.
- Understand business needs and translate them into testable business and technical requirements for all IT systems for R&D, Clinical, Quality, and Technical Operations.
- Be the Tier-1 IT contact for Benchling Electronic Lab Notebook (ELN) system.
- Assist in UI/UX, wireframe, workflow development.
- Identify Project dependencies and risks and suggest measures to mitigate them.
- Assist in development of reports and visualizations using Business Intelligence tools.
- Assist in development of data integration plans, establishing flow and visualization/analytics.
- Collaborate in developing and maintaining Datawarehouse/Data Lakes
- Experienced in Computer Systems Validation (CSV) and Computer Software Assurance (CSA)
- Able to understand and query structured and unstructured data.
- Ensure appropriate data and governance standards are followed for successful evaluation and delivery of IT R&D projects.
- Project Management skills to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
Must have skills and experience:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- 10+ years of IT experience with a minimum of 5 years in the Life Sciences/Pharma/BioTech/CRO industry
- Experienced in Benchling or other Electronic Lab Notebook (ELN) systems or Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS)
- Comfortable with SQL to read/extract data.
- Experience in one or more industry standard Business Intelligence/ Statistical Analysis tools used in the Life Sciences industry (Posit, GraphPad Prism, Base SAS, SAS/STAT, Spotfire, Tableau, Power BI)
- Awareness of Data Science, AI, ML concepts and implementation
- Experience working in a Project team, Agile/Scrum environment, and able to prioritize work.
- Experience with ETL tools, concepts, and data migration/integration projects
- Experience working in a GxP environment and Validation processes.
- Experienced working in a cloud-based environment.
Good to have Skills:
- Tibco Spotfire
- Veeva Regulatory/Clinical/Safety/Quality Vaults
- Scripting language such as Python or R
- Data modelling and analysis to interpret and help in decision-making.
- Pre-clinical experience
- Laboratory IT experience
- Collaboration with MSPs/Vendors
- Working with senior leadership team and scientists
- Cloud Infrastructure - AWS environment (VPC, EC2 and S3 data lakes) experience