Sr. Research Associate, Vector Genome
About Voyager Therapeutics
Voyager Therapeutics (Nasdaq: VYGR) is a biotechnology company dedicated to breaking through barriers in gene therapy and neurology. The potential of both disciplines has been constrained by delivery challenges; Voyager is leveraging cutting-edge expertise in capsid discovery and deep neuropharmacology capabilities to address these constraints. Voyager’s TRACER™ AAV capsid discovery platform has generated novel capsids with high target delivery and blood-brain barrier penetration at low doses, potentially addressing the narrow therapeutic window associated with conventional gene therapy delivery vectors. This platform is fueling alliances with Pfizer Inc., Novartis Pharma AG, Neurocrine Biosciences, Inc., and Sangamo Therapeutics, Inc., as well as multiple programs in Voyager’s own pipeline. Voyager’s pipeline includes wholly owned and collaborative preclinical programs in Alzheimer’s disease, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), Parkinson’s disease, and other diseases of the central nervous system, with a focus on validated targets and biomarkers to enable a path to rapid potential proof-of-biology. For more information, visit www.voyagertherapeutics.com
Job Summary: Voyager Therapeutics seeks a highly motivated and experienced protein biochemist to contribute to its research team at its facility in Cambridge, Massachusetts. This is an ideal position for an individual with a background in protein biochemistry, who has a can-do attitude and strong work ethic, and thrives in a team-oriented, fast-paced, and cross-disciplinary biotech environment. As a Senior Research Associate on the team, you will be responsible for experimental execution and data analysis of various biophysical and biochemical assays to support pipeline programs and new research initiatives.
Position Specific Responsibilities:
- Perform biophysical and biochemical assays to characterize peptides and proteins to support multiple Voyager programs.
- Execute biomolecular interactions assays using Biacore/SPR and Octet/BLI techniques to measure kinetics, affinity, competition, and epitope binning.
- Perform small scale expression and purification of proteins (antibody and antibody conjugates, enzymes, fusion proteins).
- Perform traditional ELISA and AlphaLISA based immunoassays for protein quantification in a variety of sample types (culture media, serum, CSF and tissues).
- Conduct experimental procedures precisely and consistently by following established protocols, as well as document and maintain a well-organized account of lab work and results.
- Ability to adapt and exercise flexibility for projects and workflows.
- Regularly communicate results within the research organization.
Educational Requirements & Experience:
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree with 3-4 years or Master’s degree with 1-2 years of lab experience in an industry or academic setting.
- Experience with protein-protein interaction techniques such as Biacore/SPR, Octet/BLI, ITC, etc.
- Hands-on experience in common protein characterization techniques (SDS-PAGE, Western Blotting).
- Experience with protein expression in mammalian cells and protein purification using various chromatography methods and instruments such as AKTA FPLC.
- Strong knowledge and wet-lab experience performing ELISA based protein quantification assays.
- Outstanding problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to be highly productive and self-motivated in a fluid, fast-paced and team environment.