Head of FP&A, Financial Systems and Operations
About Voyager Therapeutics
Voyager Therapeutics (Nasdaq: VYGR) is a biotechnology company dedicated to breaking through barriers in gene therapy and neurology. The potential of both disciplines has been constrained by delivery challenges; Voyager is leveraging cutting-edge expertise in capsid discovery and deep neuropharmacology capabilities to address these constraints. Voyager’s TRACER™ AAV capsid discovery platform has generated novel capsids with high target delivery and blood-brain barrier penetration at low doses, potentially addressing the narrow therapeutic window associated with conventional gene therapy delivery vectors. This platform is fueling alliances with Pfizer Inc., Novartis Pharma AG, Neurocrine Biosciences, Inc., and Sangamo Therapeutics, Inc., as well as multiple programs in Voyager’s own pipeline. Voyager’s pipeline includes wholly owned and collaborative preclinical programs in Alzheimer’s disease, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), Parkinson’s disease, and other diseases of the central nervous system, with a focus on validated targets and biomarkers to enable a path to rapid potential proof-of-biology. For more information, visit www.voyagertherapeutics.com.
The Head of FP&A, Financial Systems and Operations will provide key, hands-on strategic, business, and financial leadership throughout the Voyager organization. This high visibility role will offer demonstrated experience and execution with financial analysis, modeling, strategic planning, and be responsible for enhancing financial processes, systems, and infrastructure to successfully support the growth of the business for the future. The successful candidate will also be a team-oriented professional who can collaborate and partner across Voyager’s fast-paced organization including the executive team, department owners and program stakeholders. This on-site role is located in Lexington, Massachusetts, and reports to the Chief Financial Officer.
- Lead Voyager’s planning and forecasting processes to enable execution of the company’s strategic priorities including:
- Long Range Operating Planning Process, driving organizational focus and establishment of long-term planning.
- Annual Operating Planning Process, developing rigorous budgeting and forecasting processes to support Voyager’s growth and change.
- Drive preparation and delivery of financial management reporting to all stakeholders with clear communication around business drivers and future implications
- Develop key dashboards and management tools to assist management in the strategic and tactical management of the company.
- Create and monitor key performance indicators (KPIs), highlighting trends and analyzing causes of unexpected variance.
- Partner and collaborate across multiple cross-functional departments, including Executive Leadership to provide financial support/guidance necessary to drive alignment and sound decision making.
- Ensure that financial considerations/impacts are appropriately incorporated into project team discussions and any project governance interactions.
- Develop a more integrated financial valuation and project management process which incorporates all the necessary components that are required to assess internal program valuations while integrating external opportunities.
- Drive analytics and modeling for potential business development activities, including valuations and scenario planning.
- Provide support for on-going external alliances and collaborations. Ensure that financial commitments are understood and met by Voyager and the partner.
- Analyze financial information and reports to provide timely financial recommendations to management for decision making purposes.
- Partner with the Accounting team on monthly, quarterly, and annual closing and reporting processes
- Utilize existing systems and tools and/or acquire new tools to automate and streamline all things FP&A with a focus on budgeting, forecasting, valuations, etc. …
- Own and lead all things related to continuous system and process improvement within the finance organization to streamline processes and improve communication and flow of information to the business, reduce daily workload and enhance financial reporting and communication across the company.
- Prepare and lead discussions around financial reporting and information at key meeting including Monthly Business Reviews, SLT Meetings, Board Meetings, Audit Committee Meetings, etc. …
- Seek opportunities to raise the financial acumen across the organization.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting is required.
- An MBA or equivalent advanced degree is preferred.
- CPA designation would be a plus.
- Looking for an experienced individual who has done this work before and demonstrated success in driving FP&A engagement and activities in prior organizations. Individual also needs to have demonstrated their ability to develop, implement, and drive system and process improvements within, with experience in biotech/life sciences preferred.
- Strong independent and team-oriented contributor with great communication skills
- Experience working in a fast-paced, growing (early-stage) environment is ideal.
- Ability to provide the highest standards of accuracy and precision; highly organized and attention to detail required.
- Individual needs to be strategic, while being very tactical and hands on in getting the work completed.
- Articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to think creatively, highly driven and self-motivated.
- Demonstrated ability to roll-up sleeves and work in a collaborative, scalable fashion.
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Office Suite, to include advanced Excel and Power Point skills.
- Experience with Adaptive Insights or similar planning software (i.e., Hyperion, Essbase, etc.) is required.