Director, Corporate and Business Development
Voyager Therapeutics (Nasdaq: VYGR) is a biotechnology company dedicated to breaking through barriers in gene therapy and neurology. The potential of both disciplines has been constrained by delivery challenges; Voyager is leveraging innovative expertise in capsid discovery and deep neuropharmacology capabilities to address these constraints. Voyager’s TRACER AAV capsid discovery platform has generated novel capsids with high target delivery and blood-brain barrier penetration at low doses, potentially addressing the narrow therapeutic window associated with conventional gene therapy delivery vectors. This platform is fueling alliances with Pfizer Inc., Novartis and Neurocrine Biosciences as well as multiple programs in Voyager’s own pipeline. Voyager’s pipeline includes preclinical programs in Parkinson’s disease, Alzheimer’s disease, and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), each with validated targets and biomarkers to enable a path to rapid potential proof-of-biology. For more information, visit www.voyagertherapeutics.com
Voyager Therapeutics is growing and is adding a Director, to our Corporate & Business Development team. The Director, Corporate and Business Development will contribute to partnering and collaboration efforts by identifying and evaluating new business opportunities, including partnerships, collaborations, and licenses relating to Voyager’s platform and programs and acquisition of new assets and technologies. This individual will also be involved in strategic planning and analyses, which will involve gathering competitive intelligence and developing financial models. This role will build and maintain strong relationships within the team, cross-functionally, and externally. The ideal candidate has extensive experience in digesting scientific and technical information to translate into business analyses. Substantial relevant industry experience is required and an advanced degree in a relevant scientific discipline (e.g., neuroscience, molecular biology, genetics) or highly relevant, direct experience in genetic medicine or neuroscience is preferred. An MBA and/or management consulting experience are highly desirable. This role will report to the VP of Corporate & Business Development.
Position Specific Responsibilities:
- Identify, evaluate, propose, and present new business opportunities and assist in related transactions, including running diligence and supporting negotiations, working in collaboration with team and cross-functionally with R&D, Finance, Legal, Program Management, and other departments as well as with outside counsel and consultants.
- Contribute to strategic planning initiatives in collaboration with the Corporate & Business Development team, Finance, R&D, and Technical Operations.
- Forge strong relationships and work closely with internal stakeholders to understand and support objectives and their translation into corporate and business development opportunities.
- Build strong relationships and networks with potential external partners.
- Continuously monitor developments in the field via published literature, trade press, conferences, and relationships across academia and industry.
- Contribute to development and evolution of corporate and business development strategies and objectives.
- Foster and contribute to a vibrant team and company culture.
Experience and Skills Desired
- Minimum 8 years of experience in corporate and business development, portfolio strategy, and/or closely related disciplines in the biotechnology or pharmaceuticals industry (with credit for scientific experience but substantial post-scientific experience required). Substantive exposure to genetic medicines and/or neurologic disease preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree required (with major in the biological sciences preferred); graduate degree in relevant scientific or medical discipline (e.g., PhD, MD) or specific experience in genetic medicine and/or neurological disease preferred; MBA or JD also desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to apply strategic and critical-thinking skills.
- Deal and negotiation experience with track record of leading or substantially contributing to transactions (e.g., partnership, collaboration, license, M&A, research agreements).
- Passion for Voyager’s mission to advance life-changing gene therapies and other therapeutic modalities for neurological diseases.
- Facility for and comfort with working both proactively and collaboratively and within and across functions.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong business acumen and financial literacy.
- Ability to “drive” complex processes and transactions internally and externally, experience leading cross-functional projects.
- Understanding of drug development and regulatory requirements as they relate to business development activities.
- Knowledge of competitive landscape and industry players preferred. Ability to efficiently ascend the learning curve required.
- Creativity, innovative thinking, and open-mindedness.
- Openness and willingness to learn from all colleagues, regardless of level or hierarchy.
- Analytical approach, strong critical thinking and decision-making skills.
- Thrives in dynamic, intellectually stimulating environment.
Something looks off?