Medical Science Liaison/Senior Medical Science Liaison (Texas)
Austin, TX, USA
Posted on Friday, September 15, 2023
Medical Science Liaison/Senior Medical Science Liaison (Texas) The Company:Our mission is to improve the health and quality of life for the millions of people affected by chronic respiratory diseases. We do this through the development of our first-in-class molecule, ensifentrine. Ensifentrine has the potential to provide relief for millions of patients suffering from a variety of respiratory conditions including chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), cystic fibrosis (CF) and asthma. Our focus is driven by our desire to ensure that innovative and differentiated molecules can reach these patients.The experience of the Verona team, and its highly effective leadership allows us to challenge the status quo in drug development and commercialization. Verona provides a professional, diverse, and inclusive working environment where our employees thrive. We are driven to succeed by our desire to help those dealing with the chronic progressive nature of respiratory diseases. We offer you the opportunity to help create a new future for those people living with respiratory diseases. The Opportunity:Verona Pharma is currently recruiting a Senior Medical Science Liaison to join our field team, reporting to the Field Medical Director.In the role of Senior Medical Science Liaison, you will be a true scientific, medical expert and an extension of Verona Medical Affairs. You will build and facilitate strategic peer to peer relationships with key Health Care Providers (HCP) in the assigned region. You will be providing credible and unbiased scientific information, identifying and executing the strategic Medical Affairs Plan and supporting home office medical activities.To be successful in this role, you must have strong scientific proficiencies paired with a keen business acumen. In this role, you will collaborate with closely with commercial, clinical and other internal functions while being the face of Verona with external stakeholders. You will need excellent interpersonal and project management skills, while cultivating a culture that possesses a strong commitment to patients and HCPs.We know our employees are our most valuable asset, and our culture conveys that. Trust, accountability, and efficiency are core values that drive our working environment. We have a unique opportunity to build a company that will bring a first-in-class medication to chronic respiratory disease patients with significant unmet needs. We also offer a competitive benefits package, including generous PTO, to support the health and happiness of our staff. This role is open to candidates based in the state of Texas. Responsibilities:
- Develop and demonstrate a thorough working knowledge of Verona, its products, as well as current medical / scientific research & publications within the respiratory space.
- Establish Verona’s Medical Affairs presence in the medical community through long-term and valued scientific relationships with thought leaders and the medical community.
- Represent Verona at all scientifically and medically relevant events in the designated geographical area.
- Provide medical/scientific presentations to internal and external groups.
- Provide internal stakeholders with feedback and insights from field interactions and discussions with Health Care Professionals.
- Provide support at professional meetings and congresses, collecting insights and competitive intelligence, and developing tools that support medical functions at the meeting.
- Respond to and document unsolicited requests for scientific information for Verona products, including those in development.
- Share clinical and value-based expertise in the development and management of clinical and scientific communications for customers, including publications, conference data, and educational materials, as well as for internal Verona communications and materials to be used in training and development activities.
- Participate in the planning and execution of advisory board meetings including objectives, content development and delivery of clinical presentations when needed.
- Support clinical initiatives including site identification and feasibility, trial recruitment, registry and presentation of approved data if needed.
- Support commercial team functions by facilitating internal training and scientific material review, assisting with speaker programs, and providing competitive insights into therapeutic area planning.
- Adhere to corporate and healthcare compliance guidance in all activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Advanced degree (Pharm.D., Ph.D., M.D) required.
- 6+ years of related work experience (clinical, managed care, or industry experience).
- Ability to establish and maintain relationships with influential thought leaders.
- Ability to think strategically; apply knowledge and analytical skills in a highly regulated environment and align medical and commercial strategies.
- Ability to summarize complex information and present in a clear, concise and scientifically accurate manner to a range of audiences.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills; exhibits professional maturity, confidence, and competence.
- Adherence and compliance with all required regulatory guidelines.
- Ability to travel and must possess a valid driver’s license. Weekend travel may be required.