Associate Director, Patient Services Operations
Customer Service, Operations
Raleigh, NC, USA
Posted on Wednesday, August 16, 2023
The Company:Our mission is to improve the health and quality of life for the millions of people affected by chronic respiratory diseases. We do this through the development of our first-in-class molecule, ensifentrine. Ensifentrine has the potential to provide relief for millions of patients suffering from a variety of respiratory conditions including chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), cystic fibrosis (CF) and asthma. Our focus is driven by our desire to ensure that innovative and differentiated molecules can reach these patients.The experience of the Verona team, and its highly effective leadership allows us to challenge the status quo in drug development and commercialization. Verona provides a professional, diverse, and inclusive working environment where our employees thrive. We are driven to succeed by our desire to help those dealing with the chronic progressive nature of respiratory diseases. We offer you the opportunity to help create a new future for those people living with respiratory diseases. The Opportunity:Verona Pharma is currently recruiting an Associate Director, Patient Service Operations to join our team, reporting to our Senior Director, Payer Accounts. In the role of Associate Director, Patient Services Operations, you will be responsible for day-to-day management and improvement of the patient journey within the HUB program.Remote working and flexibility are important parts of our culture at Verona. However, we are looking for candidates based in the Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill area as you will periodically be required to go into the Raleigh office for key meetings, training, and other activities as needed.To be successful in this role, you must possess a self- starter mentality as well as strong collaboration skills across multiple departments.We know our employees are our most valuable asset, and our culture conveys that. Trust, accountability, and efficiency are core values that drive our working environment. We have a unique opportunity to build a company that will bring a first-in-class medication to chronic respiratory disease patients with significant unmet needs. We also offer a competitive benefits package, including generous PTO, to support the health and happiness of our staff. Responsibilities:
- Lead day-to-day operations of the HUB. Ensuring that all program operations are in accordance with program business rules and all safety, legal, and regulatory requirement.
- Collaborate with vendors to update business rules as appropriate.
- Support broad operational needs of the HUB function, including but not limited to, data integration, implementation, ongoing process improvement, coordination, and management of budget.
- Support the environment to enable a high-quality patient and healthcare provider experience in navigating health insurance coverage and reimbursement for the company’s lead products.
- Develop systems and processes to drive an organizational patient-centric approach to in turn improve operational efficiency, effectiveness, and value.
- Develop and utilize process improvement principles and other process improvement methodologies to identify opportunities to improve the customer journey at all touchpoints.
- Serve as the primary liaison between Verona and HUB vendor. Anticipate and address program challenges.
- Work closely with vendors to track, meet, or exceed all program KPIs including call volumes, wait times, and benefit investigation turnaround times.
- Work with HUB vendor and data management to ensure that all key HUB data is reported on time and accurately through the data portal.
- Develop and distribute summary reports to key Verona colleagues on a regular basis. Work with vendor to prepare ad hoc reports as needed.
- Collaborate with the vendor and Verona safety team to ensure that all adverse events (AEs) and product complaints are reported at the right time in accordance with Verona guidelines.
- Serve as the point person for safety team for any data requests related to AEs or to help coordinate and required audits of hub vendor.
- Support Sr. Director with developing, maintaining and meeting all program budget requirements. Assist with forecasting. Provide Sr. Director with timely alerts regarding potential budget overages.
- Support Sr. Director with collaboration between Field Reimbursement Specialist team and the HUB.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the complex regulatory environment including a deep understanding of Verona Pharma’s policies and guidelines around PHI/HIPPA and adherence to all compliance policies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- MUST HAVE MANAGED A PHARMA/BIOTECH HUBS DAY-TO-DAY OPERATIONS INTERNALLY OR EXTERNALLY FOR AT LEAST ONE YEAR.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required. Business, communications, or science degree preferred.
- 5+ years’ experience in the pharmaceutical biotech industry and HUB service provider experience.
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of reimbursement support services and HUB management.
- Familiarity with patient assistance programs.
- Ability to work cross-functionally throughout the organization.
- Ability to anticipate and address HUB operational challenges.
- Must be self-motivated and eager to learn and adapt to different situations.
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills; demonstrated ability to work constructively.
- Highly professional demeanour to effectively interact with different departments.
- Ability to be flexible regarding schedule and work projects.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, etc.).
- Excellent problem-solving, risk analysis, negotiation, and people skills.
- Effective organization, communication, and team orientation skills.