San Carlos, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, December 22, 2023
Vaxcyte, Inc. (Nasdaq: PCVX) is a vaccine innovation company engineering high-fidelity vaccines to protect humankind from the consequences of bacterial diseases. The Company is developing broad-spectrum conjugate and novel protein vaccines to prevent or treat bacterial infectious diseases. Vaxcyte’s lead candidate, VAX-24, is a 24-valent, broad-spectrum, carrier-sparing pneumococcal conjugate vaccine (PCV) being developed for the prevention of invasive pneumococcal disease (IPD). The Company is re-engineering the way highly complex immunizations are made through modern synthetic techniques, including advanced chemistry and our exclusively licensed XpressCFTM cell-free protein synthesis platform. Unlike conventional cell-based approaches, the Company’s system for producing difficult-to-make proteins and antigens is intended to accelerate its ability to efficiently create and deliver high-fidelity vaccines with enhanced immunological benefits. Vaxcyte’s pipeline also includes VAX-31, a 31-valent PCV candidate; VAX-A1, a prophylactic vaccine candidate designed to prevent Group A Strep infections; VAX-PG, a therapeutic vaccine candidate designed to slow or stop the progression of periodontal disease; and VAX-GI, a vaccine program designed to prevent Shigella. The Company is driven to eradicate or treat invasive bacterial infections, which have serious and costly health consequences when left unchecked. For more information, visit www.vaxcyte.com.
Vaxcyte, headquartered in San Carlos, CA, went public in June 2020 and currently has a team of approximately 180 employees and anticipates continued, significant growth. Following equity offerings in October 2022 and April 2023, which generated over $1.1 billion in net proceeds, the Company’s balance sheet is further strengthened to advance its pipeline of novel vaccines, including VAX-24. These financings followed positive data readouts from Vaxcyte’s Phase 1/2 proof-of-concept study evaluating VAX-24 in adults aged 18-64 and Phase 2 study in adults 65 and older. The Company believes these results support a best-in-class potential for VAX-24, which was designed to replace the current standard-of-care in adults and children. VAX-24 is being investigated for the prevention of IPD, which can be most serious for infants, young children, older adults and those with immune deficiencies or certain chronic health conditions. Given the global impact of pneumococcal disease remains significant, the public health community continues to advocate for vaccines that can offer broader protection to prevent IPD. Vaxcyte’s PCV franchise, consisting of VAX-24 and VAX-31, is designed specifically to address this need and has the potential to deliver the broadest protection for this very serious disease. We believe that our PCVs could receive regulatory approval based on successful completion of clinical studies utilizing well-defined surrogate immune endpoints, consistent with how other PCVs have obtained regulatory approval in the past, rather than requiring clinical field efficacy studies.
Vaxcyte is looking for facility coordinator be responsible for maintenance support services, move planning and supervision of various vendors. Maintenance support services include basic and routine facilities maintenance, and repair tasks according to general service, quality, and safety standards. Move planning includes working with department leads to identify current and projected seating needs, evaluate and propose best practices for lab and office seating, layout seating plans and serve as the project lead for small- and large-scale office and lab moves. Following standard operating procedures or manufacture recommended procedures, installs, inspects, repairs, and performs preventative maintenance to mechanical, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, and safety systems.
The successful facility coordinator should be able to assist with miscellaneous facility projects, including installation of fixtures and lab equipment, moving furniture, lab equipment or materials, and other general facility and lab maintenance. They should also an energetic professional who thrives wearing multiple hats, is willing to own a wide range of operational office and lab responsibilities and is able to think and work with minimal supervision. A successful candidate is well organized, flexible, creative and enjoys the challenges of managing a diverse and energetic office space. This is a full-time, on-site role that will report to the Senior Director of Facilities until an Associate Director/Director of Facilities is hired.
Note: Rotational, shared 24x7 support is required of this role.
- Manage Vaxcyte’s Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS), assign Work Orders (WO’s) to responsible groups/employees, document, and upload equipment repairs, IQOQ and equipment certification, and Preventative Maintenance (PM) documentation as applicable. This includes supporting laboratory equipment.
- Assist with scheduling preventative maintenance, respond to urgent repair calls, and participate in the support of emergency action plans.
- Ensure well-documented on-time completion of CMMS documentation including logbook entries, Work Orders and Alarm audits.
- Communicate with supply vendors to coordinate work while regularly updating leadership on project status.
- Document changes to systems plans and drawings.
- Collect and review Building Management System (BMS) alarms; perform necessary corrective actions or call out Vaxcyte or vendor support as needed to address any issue.
- Coordinate and assist with all aspects of relocation of employee workspace/offices. This includes developing floor seating plans to accommodate departments, addressing adjacency requirements, and hotel/neighborhood configurations.
- Support and assist with space planning and developing requirements and project scopes to manage the various operations.
- Develop ability to analyze data, blueprints, and reports.
- Determining facility and lab equipment specifications and requirements from equipment manufacture technical specifications.
- Support developing specifications and implementation of facility and lab equipment, equipment layout, other facility and lab systems, and controls.
- Evaluating operational systems and facility and lab infrastructure to ascertain and improve operational efficiencies.
- Support planning and coordinating facility, lab infrastructure and equipment maintenance schedules and activities.
- Coordinating and overseeing maintenance contractors performing maintenance activities.
- Review and understand equipment and methods of operation, BMS system, fire/life safety, and other systems.
- Ensuring compliance with relevant regulations, building codes, and health and safety standards.
- Perform facility inspection and report on conditions affecting operations.
- Comply with all safety procedures and requirements.
- Perform minor maintenance, repair or installations.
- Process work requests and turn in completed work requests in a timely and professional manner.
- Respond to emergencies and support afterhours office/lab needs and activities as required.
- Member of Emergency Response Team
- Assist lab operations team in troubleshooting equipment.
- Bachelor’s degree in a Facility related degree or 4– 6 years of relevant experience.
- Minimum of 1 – 3 years of BMS and CMMS system support experience preferred.
- Ability to enter and manage data, create reports, and effectively utilize Computerized Maintenance Management Software (CMMS).
- Ability to developed understanding of automation standards (including GMP).
- Ability to understand of pharmaceutical systems and processes.
- 2 years of cGMP experience strongly preferred.
- Basic computer skills.
- Coordinate with Facilities Engineer and Lab Operations when installation of facility or lab equipment is required.
- Keeps management informed of the condition of equipment and infrastructure.
- Experience with Building Management Systems (BMS).
- Knowledge of the building process and construction principles.
- Knowledge of relevant regulations and building codes.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- High level of integrity and ethics with the ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage several priorities efficiently.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong PC skills including MS Office suite.
- Standing, Walking, Sitting, Reading, Stooping, climbing Ladders, crawling in / through low spaces
- Heavy Lifting and Moving, Computers and Related Equipment, Heavy Equipment up to 25 lbs.
- Fosters a culture of teamwork.
- Support after hour and weekend call out.
- All Vaxcyte employees require vaccination against COVID-19.
Reports to: Senior Director, Facilities
Location: San Carlos, CA
The compensation package will be competitive and includes comprehensive benefits and an equity component.
Salary Range: $120,000 – $131,000
Send resumes to:
825 Industrial Road, Suite 300
San Carlos, CA 94070
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.