Sr. IT NetSuite Systems Administrator
San Carlos, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, October 27, 2023
Vaxcyte, Inc. (Nasdaq: PCVX) is a vaccine innovation company engineering high-fidelity vaccines to protect humankind from the consequences of bacterial diseases. The Company is developing broad-spectrum conjugate and novel protein vaccines to prevent or treat bacterial infectious diseases. Vaxcyte’s lead candidate, VAX-24, is a 24-valent, broad-spectrum, carrier-sparing pneumococcal conjugate vaccine (PCV) being developed for the prevention of invasive pneumococcal disease (IPD). The Company is re-engineering the way highly complex immunizations are made through modern synthetic techniques, including advanced chemistry and our exclusively licensed XpressCFTM cell-free protein synthesis platform. Unlike conventional cell-based approaches, the Company’s system for producing difficult-to-make proteins and antigens is intended to accelerate its ability to efficiently create and deliver high-fidelity vaccines with enhanced immunological benefits. Vaxcyte’s pipeline also includes VAX-31, a 31-valent PCV candidate; VAX-A1, a prophylactic vaccine candidate designed to prevent Group A Strep infections; VAX-PG, a therapeutic vaccine candidate designed to slow or stop the progression of periodontal disease; and VAX-GI, a vaccine program designed to prevent Shigella. The Company is driven to eradicate or treat invasive bacterial infections, which have serious and costly health consequences when left unchecked. For more information, visit www.vaxcyte.com.
Vaxcyte, headquartered in San Carlos, CA, went public in June 2020 and currently has a team of approximately 180 employees and anticipates continued, significant growth. Following equity offerings in October 2022 and April 2023, which generated over $1.1 billion in net proceeds, the Company’s balance sheet is further strengthened to advance its pipeline of novel vaccines, including VAX-24. These financings followed positive data readouts from Vaxcyte’s Phase 1/2 proof-of-concept study evaluating VAX-24 in adults aged 18-64 and Phase 2 study in adults 65 and older. The Company believes these results support a best-in-class potential for VAX-24, which was designed to replace the current standard-of-care in adults and children. VAX-24 is being investigated for the prevention of IPD, which can be most serious for infants, young children, older adults and those with immune deficiencies or certain chronic health conditions. Given the global impact of pneumococcal disease remains significant, the public health community continues to advocate for vaccines that can offer broader protection to prevent IPD. Vaxcyte’s PCV franchise, consisting of VAX-24 and VAX-31, is designed specifically to address this need and has the potential to deliver the broadest protection for this very serious disease. We believe that our PCVs could receive regulatory approval based on successful completion of clinical studies utilizing well-defined surrogate immune endpoints, consistent with how other PCVs have obtained regulatory approval in the past, rather than requiring clinical field efficacy studies.
The Senior IT NetSuite Systems Administrator role serves as a techno-functional expert for Vaxcyte’s current NetSuite applications and related technologies. Working closely with business and managed services partners, this role is responsible for implementing, managing, and maintaining Vaxcyte’s NetSuite system and related technologies. While technical in nature, this role drives business value by blending technology expertise with business process know-how. This is a hands-on role that reports to the Senior Director of Enterprise IT Systems at Vaxcyte’s San Carlos, California headquarters.
- Support the creation and evolution of a multi-year NetSuite investment roadmap.
- Establish and maintain close working relationships with internal business partners.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to understand current business processes and identify areas for improvement and optimization.
- Customize and configure NetSuite to meet Vaxcyte’s business needs, including creating custom fields, records, workflows, reports and scripts.
- Create and maintain system-specific IT documentation such as configurations, processes, operating procedures, templates, design standards, and forms.
- Work with other IT teams to ensure seamless integration of NetSuite with other systems.
- Manage NetSuite roles to ensure the security and integrity of data.
- Support workflow automation projects to increase the efficiency and accuracy of Vaxcyte’s use of NetSuite.
- Provide project management support for new initiatives and enhancement efforts for NetSuite and related Enterprise Systems.
- Formalize and facilitate change intake and change review board processes.
- Oversee end-to-end change control activities for configuration changes and platform upgrades.
- Support SOX and other audits when required.
- Triage, troubleshoot and help resolve issues related to NetSuite and related applications.
- Train users on NetSuite and related applications and provide ongoing support.
- Lead requirements gathering, analysis, design, and configuration activities.
- Coordinate with managed services, business partners and assurance teams to implement planned releases and functional change requests.
- Work with IT Operations to support provisioning and de-provisioning efforts.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, or related field a plus.
- Must have 3+ years of experience in NetSuite application administration.
- 3-5 years of hands-on experience with NetSuite customizations and data migration.
- Extensive experience as a business systems analyst with ERP systems.
- Other ERP System Implementation and support is a plus.
- NetSuite Administrator Certification is a desired (nice to have).
- Boomi or other middleware integration experience is a plus.
- 7+ years of total IT Systems experience.
- Familiarity with data management best practices.
- Experience working at a public company/SOX environment.
- Solid problem-solving skills and ability to troubleshoot issues including root cause analysis.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work collaboratively with stakeholders.
- Technical writing skills for updating SOPs, defining business requirements and documenting business processes.
- All Vaxcyte employees require vaccination against COVID-19.
Reports to: Senior Director, Enterprise IT Systems
Location: San Carlos, CA/ Hybrid
The compensation package will be competitive and includes comprehensive benefits and an equity component.
Salary Range: $157,000 – $174,000
Send resumes to:
825 Industrial Road, Suite 300
San Carlos, CA 94070
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.