Director, CMC Supplier Management
San Carlos, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, September 6, 2023
Vaxcyte, Inc. (Nasdaq: PCVX) is a vaccine innovation company engineering high-fidelity vaccines to protect humankind from the consequences of bacterial diseases. The Company is developing broad-spectrum conjugate and novel protein vaccines to prevent or treat bacterial infectious diseases. Vaxcyte’s lead candidate, VAX-24, is a 24-valent, broad-spectrum, carrier-sparing pneumococcal conjugate vaccine (PCV) being developed for the prevention of invasive pneumococcal disease (IPD). The Company is re-engineering the way highly complex immunizations are made through modern synthetic techniques, including advanced chemistry and our exclusively licensed XpressCFTM cell-free protein synthesis platform. Unlike conventional cell-based approaches, the Company’s system for producing difficult-to-make proteins and antigens is intended to accelerate its ability to efficiently create and deliver high-fidelity vaccines with enhanced immunological benefits. Vaxcyte’s pipeline also includes VAX-31, a 31-valent PCV candidate; VAX-A1, a prophylactic vaccine candidate designed to prevent Group A Strep infections; VAX-PG, a therapeutic vaccine candidate designed to slow or stop the progression of periodontal disease; and VAX-GI, a vaccine program designed to prevent Shigella. The Company is driven to eradicate or treat invasive bacterial infections, which have serious and costly health consequences when left unchecked. For more information, visit www.vaxcyte.com.
Vaxcyte, headquartered in San Carlos, CA, went public in June 2020 and currently has a team of approximately 180 employees and anticipates continued, significant growth. Following equity offerings in October 2022 and April 2023, which generated over $1.1 billion in net proceeds, the Company’s balance sheet is further strengthened to advance its pipeline of novel vaccines, including VAX-24. These financings followed positive data readouts from Vaxcyte’s Phase 1/2 proof-of-concept study evaluating VAX-24 in adults aged 18-64 and Phase 2 study in adults 65 and older. The Company believes these results support a best-in-class potential for VAX-24, which was designed to replace the current standard-of-care in adults and children. VAX-24 is being investigated for the prevention of IPD, which can be most serious for infants, young children, older adults and those with immune deficiencies or certain chronic health conditions. Given the global impact of pneumococcal disease remains significant, the public health community continues to advocate for vaccines that can offer broader protection to prevent IPD. Vaxcyte’s PCV franchise, consisting of VAX-24 and VAX-31, is designed specifically to address this need and has the potential to deliver the broadest protection for this very serious disease. We believe that our PCVs could receive regulatory approval based on successful completion of clinical studies utilizing well-defined surrogate immune endpoints, consistent with how other PCVs have obtained regulatory approval in the past, rather than requiring clinical field efficacy studies.
This role has overall responsibility for ensuring our raw material suppliers meet all Vaxcyte requirements.
· Managing the relationship with the supplier across all current and potential future work.
· Ensuring that contracts are clearly defined with buy in from Vaxcyte key stakeholders and appropriate pricing and performance standards.
· Managing contractual and performance issues in a way that both maintains a productive relationship and meets Vaxcyte critical business needs.
· Build and lead a team of supplier managers.
- Collect and integrate feedback on new proposals / change orders from Vaxcyte stakeholders including process development, analytic development, project management, QA, supply chain, MSAT, legal and finance.
- Lead negotiations with Suppliers to finalize new proposals / change orders.
- Initiate purchase requisitions to cover cost of new proposals / change orders and ensure they are approved and converted into purchase orders as needed.
- Collect and integrate feedback on Commercial Business Terms and Commercial Supply Agreements from Vaxcyte stakeholders including process development, analytic development, project management, QA, supply chain, MSAT, legal.
- Lead negotiations of Commercial Business Terms & Commercial Supply Agreements with Suppliers.
- Ensure appropriate processes are in place to confirm deliverables have been achieved before payments are approved.
- Monitor supplier performance (e.g., project goals, product on time delivery, yield, quality, etc.).
- Escalate issues at the supplier if the Vaxcyte SMEs who manage day to day interaction with the supplier need support.
- Coordinate and facilitate periodic business reviews / Joint Steering Committee meetings between Vaxcyte senior leadership and their relevant counter parts at the Supplier.
- Monitor supplier’s overall health including financial position, strategy, ownership structure, leadership strength and investment plans and identify potential risks that could impact Vaxcyte.
- Coordinate input from Vaxcyte supply chain to suppliers related to capacity requirements, demand forecasts, purchase orders, shipping agreements and shipments.
- Recruit, hire, coach and lead a team of supplier managers.
- B.S. / B.A. degree or Advanced Degree (preferred).
- 10 – 15 years’ experience working in pharmaceutical / biotech supplier management
- Strong supplier relationship management skills.
- Strong Experience negotiating commercial supply agreements.
- Strong Knowledge of GMPs.
- Strong Experience leading Cross-Functional teams.
- Excellent communication skills.
- All Vaxcyte employees require vaccination against COVID-19.
Reports to: Executive Director, Global Supply Chain
Location: San Carlos, CA
The compensation package will be competitive and includes comprehensive benefits and an equity component.
Salary Range: $212,000 – $231,000
Send resumes to:
825 Industrial Road, Suite 300
San Carlos, CA 94070
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.