Sox and External Audit Lead
San Carlos, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, August 26, 2023
Vaxcyte, Inc. (Nasdaq: PCVX) is a vaccine innovation company engineering high-fidelity vaccines to protect humankind from the consequences of bacterial diseases. The Company is developing broad-spectrum conjugate and novel protein vaccines to prevent or treat bacterial infectious diseases. Vaxcyte’s lead candidate, VAX-24, is a 24-valent, broad-spectrum, carrier-sparing pneumococcal conjugate vaccine (PCV) being developed for the prevention of invasive pneumococcal disease (IPD). The Company is re-engineering the way highly complex immunizations are made through modern synthetic techniques, including advanced chemistry and our exclusively licensed XpressCFTM cell-free protein synthesis platform. Unlike conventional cell-based approaches, the Company’s system for producing difficult-to-make proteins and antigens is intended to accelerate its ability to efficiently create and deliver high-fidelity vaccines with enhanced immunological benefits. Vaxcyte’s pipeline also includes VAX-31, a 31-valent PCV candidate; VAX-A1, a prophylactic vaccine candidate designed to prevent Group A Strep infections; VAX-PG, a therapeutic vaccine candidate designed to slow or stop the progression of periodontal disease; and VAX-GI, a vaccine program designed to prevent Shigella. The Company is driven to eradicate or treat invasive bacterial infections, which have serious and costly health consequences when left unchecked. For more information, visit www.vaxcyte.com.
Vaxcyte, headquartered in San Carlos, CA, went public in June 2020 and currently has a team of approximately 180 employees and anticipates continued, significant growth. Following equity offerings in October 2022 and April 2023, which generated over $1.1 billion in net proceeds, the Company’s balance sheet is further strengthened to advance its pipeline of novel vaccines, including VAX-24. These financings followed positive data readouts from Vaxcyte’s Phase 1/2 proof-of-concept study evaluating VAX-24 in adults aged 18-64 and Phase 2 study in adults 65 and older. The Company believes these results support a best-in-class potential for VAX-24, which was designed to replace the current standard-of-care in adults and children. VAX-24 is being investigated for the prevention of IPD, which can be most serious for infants, young children, older adults and those with immune deficiencies or certain chronic health conditions. Given the global impact of pneumococcal disease remains significant, the public health community continues to advocate for vaccines that can offer broader protection to prevent IPD. Vaxcyte’s PCV franchise, consisting of VAX-24 and VAX-31, is designed specifically to address this need and has the potential to deliver the broadest protection for this very serious disease. We believe that our PCVs could receive regulatory approval based on successful completion of clinical studies utilizing well-defined surrogate immune endpoints, consistent with how other PCVs have obtained regulatory approval in the past, rather than requiring clinical field efficacy studies.
Reporting to the Associate Director of SEC Reporting & Technical Accounting, the SOX and External Audit Lead will be the liaison for the SOX and external audits and coordinate the efforts for the successful completion of these audits.
The ideal candidate is one who has a background in public accounting and has performed integrated audits of publicly traded companies. The candidate possesses an aptitude for learning the use of the COSO framework as it relates to internal controls over financial reporting and is accustomed to work in a fast-paced environment. In addition, we are looking for a candidate who is flexible and has a passion for innovation and improvement in processes. A successful candidate is one who has great attention to details and strong oral and written communication skills.
- Act as liaison between external and SOX auditors and the company in gathering information and answering questions.
- Coordinate the PBC requests from external auditors related to quarter reviews and annual audit of financial statements.
- Assist in the preparation or review of SOX-related documents such as process narratives, combined risk assessments, test of key controls and SOX findings memo.
- Coordinate the PBC requests from external auditors related to grant audits and other regulatory audits.
- Prepare schedules of footnote disclosures for quarterly reviews and annual audit of financial statements.
- Assists with month end close and reconciliation activities as needed to support the team close and reporting cycle.
- Assist in gathering information for income tax, property tax and research & development tax credits.
- Assist with preparation of various internal and external financial statements.
- Assist with implementation of various financial systems and special projects.
- Bachelor of Arts or Science degree with an emphasis in Accounting or Finance is required.
- 4+ years of professional work experience in accounting in a corporate setting and at least 2 of those + years in public accounting at a national/international accounting firm.
- Accounting/audit experience in a publicly traded company is required.
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles in the US (US GAAP) and the COSO framework related to internal controls over financial reporting.
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process.
- Previous experience with an ERP system – NetSuite a plus.
- Industry experience in biotech a plus.
- Strong oral and written communication skills with proven ability to effectively communicate to employees at all levels and to outside vendors.
- Strong Excel skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks under strict deadlines with meticulous attention to detail.
- Positive work ethic and organizational skills with a high attention to detail and unquestionable integrity and personal ethics.
- A collaborative team player, able to partner with internal and external contacts at all levels.
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team, shift focus, and adapt to changing priorities.
- Exceptional focus on customer service.
- All Vaxcyte employees require vaccination against COVID-19.
Reports to: Associate Director of SEC Reporting & Technical Accounting
Location: San Carlos, CA
The compensation package will be competitive and includes comprehensive benefits and an equity component.
Salary Range: $108,000 - $115,000
Send resumes to:
825 Industrial Road, Suite 300
San Carlos, CA 94070
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.