Research Associate, Process Development
We are looking for an outstanding Research Associate to join our Process Development Team in South San Francisco. If you thrive in a multidisciplinary team environment where every day is different, excel at executing a variety of processes from the lab bench, and are a creative problem solver with a passion for automation and delivering high quality results, we want you to apply! This position supports development of current and future processes for our synthetic Biology product portfolio which will be transferred to manufacturing teams at Twist.
Your Role in the Company:
- Design, and perform experiments to develop and troubleshoot processes as guided by a lead development scientist
- Document experimental designs and results; keep excellent records and data
- Work with R&D, Automation, QC and other teams at Twist to develop and transfer new processes and improved protocols to the manufacturing team
- Prepare SOPs and training documents for manufacturing operators.
- Support the larger Process Development team in various lab/day-to-day operations and activities across the board
- Participate in technical discussions
- Compile and present experimental results with guidance from senior personnel
You will have:
- B.S. in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Bioengineering, or a closely-related field.
- 1-2 years of relevant industry or research experience in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry or a closely-related field.
- Hands on experience with molecular biology techniques including purification (DNA and protein), DNA quantification, PCR, enzymatic and cell based assays, and molecular cloning. Experience with NGS library preparation.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Respectful and open to others’ views; contributes to building a positive team spirit. Excellent communication skills.
- Able to prepare documents including data summaries, technical and analytical reports.
- High attention to detail. Ability to identify problems and use a combination of knowledge, intuition, and experience to solve problems in a timely manner
- Experience with lab automation is a plus
- Self-motivated and passionate about your work
- Willing and able to grow with a fast-paced, highly-collaborative, multidisciplinary team
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
About Twist Bioscience
Twist Bioscience synthesizes genes from scratch, known as “writing” DNA. Just as children learn to both read and write, the next phase of development for the genomics revolution is the ability to write DNA.
At Twist Bioscience, we work in service of people who are changing the world for the better. In fields such as health care, agriculture, industrial chemicals and data storage, our unique silicon-based DNA Synthesis Platform provides precision at a scale that is otherwise unavailable to our customers.
Twist Bioscience Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Twist Bioscience Corporation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic characteristics, or any other category protected by law.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.