Field Application Scientist, NGS - South East
Twist is looking for a Next-Generation Sequencing (NGS) Field Application Scientist (FAS) to be an integral part of our Sales team and serve as the primary technical field contact for Twist and its customers. One of the essential responsibilities of the NGS FAS will be to function as a liaison between the customer and Twist. In this capacity he/she will be responsible for the pre- and post-sales technical support and market development activities for Twist’s NGS targeted enrichment product line. This position is considered remote in the SouthEast Region, with travel requirements of up to 60%.
What You'll Be Doing
- Provide expert understanding and strong technical competency in discussing Twist’s NGS targeted enrichment capabilities and product offerings with customers.
- Provide NGS targeted enrichment application support for pre- and post sales activities to help support the sales team to achieve quota.
- Local and regional travel working in the field with Sales staff, attending meetings with key customers, provide training, and participating in trade shows.
- Identify, nurture, and manage collaborations to network and provide leads for the sales team.
- Support sales team in technical discussions, presentations, and meetings with customers.
- Provide high level technical support to the customer, including (but not limited to)
- Probe design discussions/assistance,
- Pre- and post-capture library generation/troubleshooting,
- Post-sequencing data analysis/interpretation, and
- General experimental design and project management assistance.
- Liaise between customers, Sales, Product Management, and other internal teams including Research & Development, Business Development, Bioinformatics and Technical Support.
- Network with customers to provide Voice-of-Customer (VOC) feedback to Product Marketing and Product Management on customer requirements for new applications or products.
- Keep informed of competitive market intelligence at industry seminars, trade shows, and conferences and provide reports on trends to Sales and Product Management.
What You'll Bring to the Team
- Extensive NGS experience including associated products and applications, such as (but not limited to):
- Illumina Next-Generation Sequencing instrument set-up and execution;
- DNA and RNA library construction from blood, tissue, FFPE, and cf/ctDNA;
- Whole Genome, Whole Exome, Transcriptome, and Custom Targeted Enrichment;
- Familiarity with probe design pipelines;
- Familiarity with bioinformatic data analysis and interpretation.
- BA/BS (3-5 years NGS experience), MS (3+ years NGS experience) or PhD (1+ years NGS experience) in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Genetics, or related field.
- Strong knowledge of NGS market and vendors.
- High attention to detail.
- High self-motivation with demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative team environment.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 60%.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experimental design experience a must.
- Project management and automation experience a plus.
About Twist Bioscience
Twist Bioscience synthesizes genes from scratch, known as “writing” DNA. Just as children learn to both read and write, the next phase of development for the genomics revolution is the ability to write DNA.
At Twist Bioscience, we work in service of people who are changing the world for the better. In fields such as health care, agriculture, industrial chemicals and data storage, our unique silicon-based DNA Synthesis Platform provides precision at a scale that is otherwise unavailable to our customers.
Twist Bioscience Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Twist Bioscience Corporation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic characteristics, or any other category protected by law.