Director / Sr Director, Sales - China
Director of Sales-China
TWIST Biosciences is looking for an enthusiastic, talented and experienced people manager to join a company and group of individuals looking to change the landscape of DNA based biology.
The China director of sales position will be responsible for shaping, mentoring and guiding the sales organisation and creating a culture focussed on delivering revenue and driving growth in the territory for Twist Bioscience products. One of the primary focuses in the position will be managing the growing China sales organisation, driving and developing organisational efficiency, whilst also taking a hands on approach to guide the growth of TWIST Bioscience Synthetic Biology/ NGS and Library business throughout China.
The candidate will have a strong background in dealership management with a focus on developing a team culture throughout the organisation, with the primary goal of taking market share and working with key leaders in new areas that will help expand the available market.
As part of the role, (s)he will be required to maintain knowledge of competitor products and their commercial strategies, identifying and escalating their activities in a time bound manner, providing customer feedback on Twist Bioscience products in addition to identifying unmet customer needs that will enable the development of new and innovative products.
Job performance will involve a variety of activities including:
- Develop a culture of accountability and a sense of team throughout the growing TWIST Bioscience organisation.
- Attain quarterly and annual revenue targets established from annual commission plans, whilst working with the sales leader to deliver accurate and timely forecasts for their territory.
- Develop and manage key relationships with new and existing dealers/ customers at multiple organizational levels.
- Manage and grow a group of talented individuals who need a mentor to allow the talents to shine in the market.
- Develop contingency and risk mitigation plans for their region as necessary.
- Develop and execute supply agreements to support new and existing business.
- Work collaboratively with operations to minimize time to revenue.
- Working with the team to ensure accurate and up to date maintenance of a CRM database.
- Work with marketing to create and drive regional marketing campaigns and activities in concert with the regional and global marketing team whilst implementing country specific campaigns.
- Maintain and raise awareness of the competitive landscape, provide customer feedback and introduce new product ideas to internal partners.
- Regular/ frequent travel required to service the team and dealers (~ 40%)
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Proven track record of delivering financial targets on a quarterly and annual basis
- At least 10 years of experience of selling life science reagents and solutions. Knowledge of synthetic biology/ NGS products and markets are preferred.
- At least 5 years managerial experience required
- Businesses to business experience preferred, in particular selling to pharma, academic, DTC, clinical, chemical and/or agbio organizations.
- A background in technical sales and support or product management is preferred.
- Demonstrated drive determination and self-motivation resulting in consistent achievement of financial results.
- Demonstrated scientific problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated technical depth in synthetic biology/ NGS/ Protein Engineering applications and workflows.
- Positive external and internal relationship management skills.
- Ability to participate with others as a member of the team to ensure that demanding and difficult projects are handled smoothly and cooperatively.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Proven ability to thrive in a start-up/ change oriented environment.
- Proven coaching, mentoring, team-building and leadership skills.
- Proven as a strategic thinker, backed up by a track record of tactical execution.
- Bachelor's degree (B.A./B.S) from four year College or university preferred in Biology or similar field.