Scientist, Flow Cytometry
We are seeking a motivated individual to join our team and oversee our flow cytometry department. Using state-of-the-art technology, the candidate would help accelerate our industry-leading antibody discovery process through careful cell culture maintenance and advanced flow cytometry screening. Highly qualified candidates will have experience with a variety of mammalian-based cell culture methods and techniques. Prior flow cytometry experience is required This position would oversee a department of flow cytometry research associates, so prior managerial experience is also strongly preferred.
- Responsible for all aspects of mammalian cell culture to meet the needs of numerous projects
- Supervise and support flow cytometry research associates with high throughput flow cytometry screening for both internal research and partner projects
- Responsible for the design, optimization and analysis of flow cytometry experimentation, in addition to other in vitro cell-based functional assays
- Perform maintenance, calibration, and troubleshooting of iQue flow cytometer, including daily startup, cleaning, QC, and shutdown (prior experience not expected).
- Experimental data interpretation and analysis, data report preparation and reviewing
- A Master's Degree with 7-10 years of industry experience or a PhD with 1-3 years of industry experience preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to work constructively with colleagues throughout all laboratory departments.
- Experience managing direct reports is a plus.
- Detail-oriented with proven ability to troubleshoot complex problems with diverse variables.
- Ability to think critically and independently evaluate data.
- Strong organizational skills, and the flexibility to work in a dynamic fast-paced environ
and sustainability. Synthetic biologists will use our products to engineer how organisms produce cures to diseases, make everyday chemicals by using the atmosphere as the carbon source, enable plants to make their own fertilizers, and to create in-vivo diagnostics that alert us when we are sick, and many more applications.
We are looking for passionate customer support representatives to join our rapidly expanding team. You will be responsible for delivering concierge-level, white glove support to our customers and differentiating Twist Bioscience as a biotech industry leader. You’ll interact, support and build strong relationships with a wide range of sales staff including account managers, field application scientists and technical support specialists. You’ll also support a broad range of customers who are engaged in ground-breaking genetics research. Your goal is to achieve high customer satisfaction scores, drive loyalty to Twist Bioscience’s products, and reinforce the quality of our brand.
About Twist Bioscience
Twist Bioscience synthesizes genes from scratch, known as “writing” DNA. Just as children learn to both read and write, the next phase of development for the genomics revolution is the ability to write DNA.
At Twist Bioscience, we work in service of people who are changing the world for the better. In fields such as health care, agriculture, industrial chemicals and data storage, our unique silicon-based DNA Synthesis Platform provides precision at a scale that is otherwise unavailable to our customers.
Twist Bioscience Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Twist Bioscience Corporation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic characteristics, or any other category protected by law.