Sr Research Associate - Flow Cytometry
This role supports our expanding flow cytometry team. Using state-of-the-art technology, the candidate will help accelerate our antibody discovery process through careful cell culture maintenance and flow cytometry screening. Highly qualified candidates will have experience with a variety of mammalian-based cell culture methods and techniques, as well as prior flow cytometry experience.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Mammalian cell culture, including engineered and endogenous cell line maintenance.
- Ability to perform flow cytometry screening for both internal research and Partner projects independently.
- Ability to independently design and analyze diverse flow cytometry assays.
- Maintenance and troubleshooting of iQue flow cytometer, including daily startup, QC, and shutdown.
- Experimental data interpretation and analysis, data report preparation.
- Manage laboratory reagent stocks and order when needed.
- Understand a variety of cell-based methods with a strong understanding of tissue culture, cell biology, and general laboratory techniques.
- Record and communicate experimental details, draft reports, and deliver data with a high level of integrity and ethics.
- Write and revise SOPs
- Mentor and train peers on good laboratory practice, data analysis, reagent handling and project tracking.
What You'll Bring to the Team:
- A B.S./M.S. degree in a scientific discipline with 4+ years of experience required
- Strong knowledge of cell culture requirements and performance.
- Experience with flow cytometry is required. This includes a good understanding of the iQue flow cytometer.
- Good understanding of antibody discovery workflows.
- Ability to troubleshoot scientific processes.
- Ability to work independently, but also collaborate and effectively communicate within and across departmental teams.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly organized, detail oriented and able to operate in a fast-paced and growing environment.
- B.S./M.S. 4+ years of laboratory/relevant experience
About Twist Bioscience
Twist Bioscience synthesizes genes from scratch, known as “writing” DNA. Just as children learn to both read and write, the next phase of development for the genomics revolution is the ability to write DNA.
At Twist Bioscience, we work in service of people who are changing the world for the better. In fields such as health care, agriculture, industrial chemicals and data storage, our unique silicon-based DNA Synthesis Platform provides precision at a scale that is otherwise unavailable to our customers.
Twist Bioscience Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Twist Bioscience Corporation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic characteristics, or any other category protected by law.