Business Development Manager, SynBio - ANZ
The Business Development Manager will work to establish and grow Twist’s market position in the area of synthetic biology, variant libraries, and drug development. Developing strategic goals, building key customer relationships, identifying business opportunities, negotiating, and closing business deals, and maintaining extensive knowledge of market conditions.
The Business Development Manager will report to the KOSEA Sales Director and will lead activities to identify and facilitate opportunities to create and grow business partnerships with pharmaceutical, biotechnology, other related companies, and academic institutes in the implementation of Twist’s technologies. With a predominant focus on, not limited to, the fields of synthetic biology, antibody, protein engineering, drug development, cellular and immunotherapy, and assisting in biopharma products and services.
The Business Development Manager will be responsible for creating, uncovering, establishing, developing, and closing opportunities, contracts, and agreements with customers, collaborators, and partners, and will also be responsible for managing and maintaining commercial alliances with key internal Twist resources and stakeholders.
- Prospect and generate leads of potential customers, collaborators, and partners that will generate revenues from Synthetic biology and variant libraries.
- Work collaboratively with Twist’s Channel Partners in Australia to develop both direct and indirect business. Through consultative and strategic planning and portfolio selling to deliver high-end solutions to our customers.
- Generate, drive, and secure a continuous deal flow of library/ synthetic biology sales and antibody and drug development solution contracts with collaborators and partners that will lead to high-value commercial agreements.
- Provide technical support for customers, and field and screen incoming partnership opportunities relative to synthetic biology and Twist library solutions.
- Solicit and pitch Twist capabilities (presentations), competencies, and offerings (with the support of Twist scientific resources) to strategically important potential new collaborators and partners.
- Lead negotiation to close library and synthetic biology orders, and establish collaboration and partnership contracts,
- Support, maintain, and grow current and newly entered customer relationships, collaborations, and partnerships in an alliance management role to foster satisfied, customer-focused development and/or commercial partnerships.
- Develop strong working relationships with subject matter experts throughout Twist Biopharma and Twist Bioscience; assign and coordinate tasks to more qualified co-workers involved in the pursuit of each opportunity.
- Lead the development of financial models, contracts, and agreements to support the business case for new customers, collaborators, and partners.
- Collect and analyze market and financial data to establish and present compelling business cases for customers, collaborators, and partnerships.
- Develop market research to identify potential customers, collaborators, and partnerships with pharmaceutical, biotech, academic, commercial and related industry organizations, and companies of a non-competitive business.
- Develop and maintain a roadmap of all potential customers, collaborators, and partnerships to maintain a healthy, growing and diversified revenue pipeline.
- Work collaboratively with Twist marketing to create product exposure and build Twist Bioscience brand in Australia.
- Oversee the creation of a wide variety of customized sales tools and marketing collateral to use with prospective customers (most commonly written proposals, RFP responses and technical presentations.)
- Demonstrated scientific problem-solving skills. In-depth understanding of the requirements in industrial applications, enabling them to build strong relationships with key customers, understanding their requirements, and being able to propose solutions during on-site visits.
- Ability to participate with others as a member of the team to ensure that demanding and difficult projects are handled smoothly and cooperatively.
- Expertise in drug development, cellular and/or immune therapies will be highly valued.
- Strong desire to win business and establish long-term customer relationships.
- Excellent communication skills including verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Proven ability to thrive in a start-up/change-oriented environment.
- Proven as a strategic thinker, backed up by a track record of tactical execution.
- Must be willing to travel
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Requires a master’s degree in Biology, Molecular Biology, Immunology, Biochemistry or related field, or the equivalent knowledge and experience. A PhD degree is desirable.
- Requires a minimal of 3-5 years technical experience in the antibody/synthetic biology or drug discovery area.
- A background in technical sales and support is preferred.
About Twist Bioscience
Twist Bioscience synthesizes genes from scratch, known as “writing” DNA. Just as children learn to both read and write, the next phase of development for the genomics revolution is the ability to write DNA.
At Twist Bioscience, we work in service of people who are changing the world for the better. In fields such as health care, agriculture, industrial chemicals and data storage, our unique silicon-based DNA Synthesis Platform provides precision at a scale that is otherwise unavailable to our customers.
Twist Bioscience Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Twist Bioscience Corporation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic characteristics, or any other category protected by law.