Twist Bioscience is looking for a Material Handler. This position requires interaction with Manufacturing, Customer Support, and Supply Chain teams to assure flawless execution in order fulfillment.
Wednesday - Sunday (7:00am-5:30pm)
The Material Handler performs the physical or administrative tasks involved in shipping, receiving, order fulfillment, storing and distributing of materials, parts, supplies and equipment, and supporting logistics areas. This may include receiving and verifying incoming materials and supplies, preparing bills of landing and shipping manifests, routing shipments appropriately, moving material within the warehouse, distribution and production facilities, filling customers’ orders and preparing orders appropriately.
Primary roles and responsibilities include but not are limited to:
- Preparation, QC, and shipment of finished goods according to SOP, assuring on-time and accurate shipments.
- Pack, ship, receive and maintain inventory of product/raw material, and fulfill customer orders. Examines, stocks, and distributes materials in inventory
- Material handling of goods received, processing purchase orders which maintain stock supplies and raw materials for multiple labs throughout the company. Examines, stocks, and distributes materials in inventory.
- Assist with QA assessments for discrepancy reports related to material handling.
- Maintain a highly organized work environment (5S) to facilitate a smooth flow of material, system data, and documents during order fulfillment.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Resolving problems with transportation carriers and internal colleagues.
- Clear and efficient communication skills with colleagues across the organization.
- The Material Handler is also responsible for maintaining and continuously
improving the quality system and achieving quality objectives through daily actions.
- Experience in roles where attention to detail and documentation is critical to success.
- Experience in a high-volume manufacturing environment.
- Experience with order fulfillment (pick/pack/QC/ship) of custom products is ideal.
- Functional knowledge of international shipping, booking shipments, and inventory control.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Must be able to work safely with chemicals and hazardous materials.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to stand and walk for periods of time while performing duties around the corporate site.
- Experience with MRP software, ex. (SAP, NetSuite & Oracle)
- Ability to work in an ISO, GMP, LEAN Manufacturing environment and follow the lean manufacturing concepts.
- Training in CAPA, HAZMAT, Chemical Hazards, Forklift, and Safety
About Twist Bioscience
Twist Bioscience synthesizes genes from scratch, known as “writing” DNA. Just as children learn to both read and write, the next phase of development for the genomics revolution is the ability to write DNA.
At Twist Bioscience, we work in service of people who are changing the world for the better. In fields such as health care, agriculture, industrial chemicals and data storage, our unique silicon-based DNA Synthesis Platform provides precision at a scale that is otherwise unavailable to our customers.
Twist Bioscience Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Twist Bioscience Corporation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic characteristics, or any other category protected by law.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.