Principle Solutions Architect
At Twist Bioscience, we help our customers change the world for the better. Our DNA-based tools are enabling researchers across a variety of scientific disciplines to achieve groundbreaking discoveries. We continue to drive biological innovations aimed at making the world safer, healthier, and more sustainable.
We are looking for a Senior Solutions & Data Architect (SA) reporting directly to the CIO to work closely with software engineering, Applications, and business leaders, to provide technical leadership, and design robust scalable solutions that align with the company's long-term goals. This pivotal role will drive simplifying our technology landscape using sound architecture design principles, and drive.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Drive innovative, scalable solution design for new requirements and refactoring of existing applications.
- Collaborate with product, engineering, and IT teams including internal and external consultants to ensure business requirements are met through proper solution design, system configuration, and testing across all internal and enterprise application systems.
- Set up standards & playbooks for the software and application teams to be able to follow the best-in-class architecture and code principles and help drive innovation faster.
- Drive an architecture review board to ensure software design and development consistency and compliance with best practices.
- Ensure compliance with security, regulatory, and ISO compliance in relevant software solutions.
What You’ll Bring to the Team:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field.
- Minimum of 8+ years of experience delivering commercial cloud-based software applications with integrating with SFDC.
- Self-starter with a strong work ethic and desire to write clean maintainable code.
- Excel as an architect and technical lead through multiple the full software development lifecycles.
- Experience in designing data models that effectively represent the business requirements and relationships between different data entities. Proficiency in tools like ER diagrams and data modeling software is a plus.
- Solid knowledge of modern software technologies including eCommerce, API & integration solutions and practices including microservices, CI/CD, and container-based technologies.
- Experience with designing solutions for eCommerce and manufacturing end-to-end processes.
- Solid knowledge of REST API development.
- Experience with Message Queuing frameworks such as RabbitMQ and Kafka
- Experience with cloud-based development using AWS including Lambda applications.
- Experience with PostgreSQL and NoSQL.
- Experience working with geographically dispersed software development teams.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, agile development environment.
- Have familiarity with MES or LIMS systems.
- Have a good high-level understanding of integrations with and use of business applications such as Salesforce.com and SAP.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
About Twist Bioscience
Twist Bioscience synthesizes genes from scratch, known as “writing” DNA. Just as children learn to both read and write, the next phase of development for the genomics revolution is the ability to write DNA.
At Twist Bioscience, we work in service of people who are changing the world for the better. In fields such as health care, agriculture, industrial chemicals and data storage, our unique silicon-based DNA Synthesis Platform provides precision at a scale that is otherwise unavailable to our customers.
Twist Bioscience Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Twist Bioscience Corporation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic characteristics, or any other category protected by law.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.