Customer Support Representative
Programmable DNA, the software of Life, is finally here! Twist Bioscience is developing a disruptive Synthetic DNA technology that will change the world, enabling widespread health and sustainability. Synthetic biologists will use our products to engineer how organisms produce cures to diseases, make everyday chemicals by using the atmosphere as the carbon source, enable plants to make their own fertilizers, and to create in-vivo diagnostics that alert us when we are sick, and many more applications.
We are looking for passionate customer support representatives to join our rapidly expanding team. You will be responsible for delivering concierge-level, white glove support to our customers and differentiating Twist Bioscience as a biotech industry leader. You’ll interact, support and build strong relationships with a wide range of sales staff including account managers, field application scientists and technical support specialists. You’ll also support a broad range of customers who are engaged in ground-breaking genetics research. Your goal is to achieve high customer satisfaction scores, drive loyalty to Twist Bioscience’s products, and reinforce the quality of our brand.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Respond to and resolve product, service and order inquiries and problems via email, chat and phone by:
- identifying the cause of the problem
- collaborating with other stakeholders to develop a solution
- presenting the solution to the customer
- following up to ensure the customer is completely satisfied.
- Process sales purchase orders by entering and validating the accuracy of the information provided by customers and sales staff. Resolve any errors effectively and efficiently. Some orders require an advanced understanding of Twist’s product line to process.
- Provide information and guidance to help customers:
- decide which product to buy
- navigate and use our ecommerce website
- understand the status of their order
- Stay current on the status of key account orders currently in the production pipeline and provide proactive updates to internal stakeholders.
- Generate sales quotes for sales reps within Salesforce quote to cash system.
- Flexible work hours are preferred; will be supporting different time zones. Two available shifts, Monday through Friday 6:00am – 3:00pm or 8:00am – 5:00pm plus flexible weekend shifts.
- Each Twist employee is responsible for complying with applicable Quality Management System (QMS)/Information Security Management System (ISMS) standards in the execution of their daily activities and ensuring product or service meets regulatory requirements, customer requirements and the established QMS/ISMS policies and procedures.
What You’ll Bring to the Team
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in life sciences or related field.
- 1-2 years work experience in biotech industry.
- 2+ years customer-facing experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Able to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively.
- Strong computer skills, familiarity with G-Suite, preferably including Salesforce.
- For Singapore position: Familiarity with Asia region import / export logistics and compliance.
About Twist Bioscience
Twist Bioscience synthesizes genes from scratch, known as “writing” DNA. Just as children learn to both read and write, the next phase of development for the genomics revolution is the ability to write DNA.
At Twist Bioscience, we work in service of people who are changing the world for the better. In fields such as health care, agriculture, industrial chemicals and data storage, our unique silicon-based DNA Synthesis Platform provides precision at a scale that is otherwise unavailable to our customers.
Twist Bioscience Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Twist Bioscience Corporation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic characteristics, or any other category protected by law.