Programmable DNA, the software of Life, is finally here! Twist Bioscience is developing a
disruptive Synthetic DNA technology that will change the world, enabling widespread health and
sustainability. Synthetic biologists will use our products to engineer how organisms produce
cures to diseases, make everyday chemicals by using the atmosphere as the carbon source,
enable plants to make their own fertilizers, and to create in-vivo diagnostics that alert us when
we are sick, and many more applications.
We need a passionate, highly skilled, and strong team player to secure production supply and
drive improvements with our production material suppliers. The ideal candidate must thrive in a
fast-paced, dynamic environment. This position will be responsible for purchasing of production
materials as well as key projects to improve our procurement methods.
What You’ll Be Doing
● Assure the highest level of material availability to production while responsibly managing
● Actively managing supplier performance (Quality, cost, delivery, and service level)
● Negotiate optimal terms with suppliers (price, delivery, and payment terms). Demand the
best overall value.
● Clearly communicate requirements to suppliers, both verbally and in writing.
● Deliver a high level of customer service within the company.
● Identify and mitigate supply risks.
● Manage purchase order in ERP: issue Purchase Orders, ensure the accuracy of
● Solve Purchase Orders issues (receiving, accounting documentations).
● Manage priorities based on manufacturing and NPI needs.
● Follow regulatory and ISO 13485.
What You’ll Bring to the Team [Competency/Qualifications]
● B.A at Business, Industrial Eng, Life Science or related field or equivalent work
● 5+ Years’ experience in Purchasing roles in Tech or Life Science company. Ability to
quickly analyze problems, investigate and determine solutions.
● Analytical and presentation skills
● Able to analyze, prepare, and deliver presentations to management. Proficient with
Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word. SAP knowhow preferred.
The Buyer is expected to be onsite/in office a minimum of 3 days per week.
About Twist Bioscience
Twist Bioscience synthesizes genes from scratch, known as “writing” DNA. Just as children learn to both read and write, the next phase of development for the genomics revolution is the ability to write DNA.
At Twist Bioscience, we work in service of people who are changing the world for the better. In fields such as health care, agriculture, industrial chemicals and data storage, our unique silicon-based DNA Synthesis Platform provides precision at a scale that is otherwise unavailable to our customers.
Twist Bioscience Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Twist Bioscience Corporation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic characteristics, or any other category protected by law.