Manager, Environmental Health and Safety
Twist Bioscience is looking for an outstanding candidate to manage Twist's Environment, Health, and Safety (EH&S) program at the Wilsonville Facility. Reporting to the Facilities Sr Manager, you will be responsible for EH&S program management at the Wilsonville Facility. This is an individual contributor role with extensive vendor management responsibility – the bulk of our EH&S services are outsourced to BSI and Veolia provides waste stream management. Twist operates a complicated industrial chemistry facility for DNA synthesis, so it requires an extraordinary attention to detail for successful candidate. The position requires the successful candidate to continuously learn and train as well as seek relevant certifications.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Perform and guide activities and initiatives related to all site EH&S programs.
- Be the primary interface to BSI for EH&S professional services.
- Provide oversight to all Veolia waste management services.
- Chair EH&S committee, holding regular meetings and recording meeting minutes.
- Conduct inspections and audits as well as perform job hazard (risk) analyses.
- Identify and implement preventative actions.
- Assist in investigation of EH&S incidents and development of corrective actions.
What You’ll Bring to the Team
- Experience with implementing and/or managing an industrial EH&S program.
- Ability to work effectively with multiple levels of employees.
- Well-developed planning and organizational skills including the ability to prioritize activities, meet commitments, and proactively manage time and a challenging workload.
- S. degree in Occupational Health and Safety, Environmental Science, Environmental Engineering or equivalent field, or equivalent certifications and work experience.
- 5+ years EH&S hands-on work and program management experience.
- Ability to lift and carry 50 pounds.