Sr. Staff Commodity Business Manager
Twist Bioscience has developed a disruptive Synthetic DNA technology that will change the world. We are rapidly scaling up and need to develop an excellent supply chain team to make it happen. We need a highly skilled and strong cross-functional team player to drive cost savings and continuous improvement from our suppliers. The ideal candidate must thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and be able to take a leadership role in developing a great supplier management program and top-notch supplier partnerships. This role requires an individual that can be effective at being hands-on in the short-term while developing a strategic path forward that will deliver a world-class supply base.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Develop supplier relationships and contracts that improve quality, pricing, and delivery while reducing supply risk.
- Identify major savings opportunities, attain cross-functional buy-in, and lead project activities required to attain the savings.
- Partner with R&D, Engineering, and Operation groups to channel and aggregate our spending toward preferred production suppliers.
- Develop and continuously improve Twist’s supplier management program.
- Lead preparation and execution of Supplier Business Reviews.
- Proactively assess supply risks, propose solutions to senior management, attain sponsorship, and lead projects that effectively address risk.
- Support related procurement activities as assigned by the Director of Supply Chain.
- Follow regulatory and ISO 13485 requirements
What You’ll Bring to the Team
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain management or related field
- Experience managing direct material suppliers strategically in a rapidly growing life sciences or high-technology manufacturing environment.
- Experience developing programs, processes, and procedures to enable an effective scale-up of the supply chain function.
- 10 years of purchasing experience in technology-driven companies where the expected skill set above was used extensively.
- Management of staff may be assigned to this individual.
- Contract negotiations
- Able to develop a strategy with stakeholders.
- Plan a targeted negotiation with our vendors with the goal of maximum cost savings, highest quality, and the best service from our vendors that ultimately benefits Twist and our end customers. Establish best practice terms.
- Supplier management
- Able to set high expectations and actively manage suppliers to deliver to a high-performance level. High level of attention to detail and continuous supplier feedback.
- Problem Solving
- Ability to quickly analyze problems, investigate and determine solutions.
- Project Management
- Able to define goals and plans, then manage a project to successful completion.
- Able to manage a wide variety of tasks, maintain and communicate task status to stakeholders. Proactive follow-up to ensure on-time completion of deliverables.
- Analytical and presentation skills
- Able to present detailed analyses and proposals to all levels of management. Proficient with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
About Twist Bioscience
Twist Bioscience synthesizes genes from scratch, known as “writing” DNA. Just as children learn to both read and write, the next phase of development for the genomics revolution is the ability to write DNA.
At Twist Bioscience, we work in service of people who are changing the world for the better. In fields such as health care, agriculture, industrial chemicals and data storage, our unique silicon-based DNA Synthesis Platform provides precision at a scale that is otherwise unavailable to our customers.
Twist Bioscience Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Twist Bioscience Corporation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic characteristics, or any other category protected by law.