Manufacturing Associate - Reagents
Programmable DNA, the software of Life, is finally here! Twist Bioscience is developing a disruptive Synthetic DNA technology that will change the world, enabling widespread health and sustainability. Synthetic biologists will use our products to engineer how organisms produce cures to diseases, make everyday chemicals by using the atmosphere as the carbon source, enable plants to make their own fertilizers, and to create in-vivo diagnostics that alert us when we are sick, and many more applications.
We are looking for motivated and enthusiastic individuals to join our Twist Bioscience Operations Team in Wilsonville, near Portland, Oregon. The ideal candidate will be driven and will do what it takes to keep synthetic biology manufacturing on track in a fast-paced start-up environment.
The Manufacturing Associate for the Reagents group will perform reagent handling, basic chemistry and molecular biology protocols in a high-throughput environment.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Operating traditional laboratory equipment (, centrifuges, sealers, thermocyclers, autoclaves)
- Preparing growth media with different antibiotics, agar plates, buffers and reagents.
- Operating single and multi channel pipettors.
- Maintain thorough, accurate and detailed documentation of all work produced.
- Paying great attention to details and perform consistent work without excessive supervision.Attention to details for process consistency
- Helping Leads and Supervisors withDocumentation, troubleshooting and the handling of process deviations.
- Packaging and organizing products for shipping.
- Thriving in an ISO, GMP, LEAN manufacturing environment.
What You’ll Bring to the Team
- Relevant experience that can indicate success in a high throughput, fast pace laboratory manufacturing environment.
- A Bachelors/ Associates degree in biology, or relevant field is desirable.
- Familiarity or prior experience in a manufacturing or laboratory environment is also desirable.
- Good written and verbal skills
- Good computer skills ( excel, word, Atlassian etc) and the ability to quickly learn new software applications.
- Attention to details
- The work will be performed in a very dynamic, controlled laboratory team environment.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time while performing duties.
- Must be able to work safely with chemicals and hazardous materials.
- Must be able to lift up to 20 lbs.
- Must be able to work outside of regular work hours/ work a flexible shift as needed
About Twist Bioscience
Twist Bioscience synthesizes genes from scratch, known as “writing” DNA. Just as children learn to both read and write, the next phase of development for the genomics revolution is the ability to write DNA. At Twist Bioscience, we work in service of people who are changing the world for the better. In fields such as health care, agriculture, industrial chemicals and data storage, our unique silicon-based DNA Synthesis Platform provides precision at a scale that is otherwise unavailable to our customers.Twist Bioscience Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Twist Bioscience Corporation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic characteristics, or any other category protected by law.
Something looks off?