Sr Manager, Biopharma Business Development
The Sr Manager, Biopharma Business Development is responsible for delivering revenue and driving growth globally for the Biopharma in vivo and in vitro antibody discovery services portfolio of Twist Bioscience. In this role, you will be accountable for delivering accurate revenue forecasts throughout the fiscal year, enabling the executive team to monitor business performance and drive decision making. You will maintain knowledge of competitor products and their commercial strategies, identifying and escalating their activities in a time-bound manner. You will also be accountable for providing customer feedback on Twist Bioscience products in addition to identifying unmet customer needs that will enable the development of new and innovative products.
Job performance will involve a variety of activities including:
- Develop sales strategy and tactics driving the growth of the Biopharma antibody in vivo and in vitro discovery services portfolio.
- Attain quarterly and annual revenue targets for Biopharma in vivo and in vitro antibody discovery services, established from annual bonus plans, driving individual performance and the results of their team. Achievement of targets is done via contingency and risk mitigation.
- Deliver accurate and timely forecasts.
- Support the ongoing growth and development of Biopharma team members located in AMER WEST to ensure they are equipped with the tools and knowledge for sales success.
- Develop and manage key relationships with new and existing customers at multiple organizational levels.
- Develop market research to identify potential customers, collaborators, and partnerships with pharmaceutical, biotech and related industry organizations and companies of a non-competitive business.
- Ability to work cross functionally with a wide range of internal and external resources including Legal, IP, Finance, R&D, Regulatory Affairs, Operations, Sales & Marketing, to develop and maintain effective customer-related, collaborations and partnerships for libraries and antibody development solutions.
- Partner with sales & legal team to develop and execute supply agreements to support new and existing business.
- Maintain and raise awareness of the competitive landscape, provide customer feedback, and introduce new product ideas to internal partners.
- Travel ~60% domestically in US
- Develop and implement hiring and training plans serving the Biopharma In Vitro and In Vivo antibody discovery services portfolio, including the development of regional managers.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Proven track record of delivering financial targets on a quarterly and annual basis.
- Successful track record of developing and managing a sales team for at least 3 years.
- At least 6-8 years of direct experience selling antibody in vivo and/or in vitro discovery/optimization services and related services.
- Demonstrated, extensive and successful track record of sales, partnering or licensing contracts within the pharmaceutical industry, preferably within the field of protein and/or antibody engineering.
- Knowledge of therapeutic antibody markets is essential.
- Demonstrated technical knowledge of antibody applications.
- A background in technical sales and support and/or product management is preferred.
- Application and experience in the use of CRMs (e.g., Salesforce.com) is a prerequisite.
- Demonstrated drive determination and self-& team motivation resulting in consistent achievement of financial results.
- Demonstrated effective team leadership in driving performance of peers and subordinates.
- Proven coaching, mentoring, team building and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated scientific problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated technical depth in in vitro and in vivo antibody discovery applications and workflows.
- Positive external and internal relationship management skills to ensure that demanding and difficult projects are handled smoothly and cooperatively.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Proven ability to thrive in a change-oriented environment.
- Bachelor's degree (B.A./B. S) from four-year College or university preferred in Biology or similar field.
Something looks off?