Director - Molecular Biology and Antibody Engineering
Quincy, MA, USA
Posted on Friday, April 7, 2023
This management role supports our growing molecular biology team and oversees a number of contributing activities such as cloning, antibody sequencing, single B-cell discovery, antibody repertoire analysis, high-throughput PCR amplification and other downstream molecular biology techniques required for various cloning methods and subsequent recombinant expression. In addition, the role will expand our antibody engineering capabilities, including humanization, affinity maturation, analysis of high-dimensional data sets and in silico modeling.
- Oversee sequence design and cloning strategies while integrating new techniques to enable high-throughput processing.
- Manage high-throughput PCR-based techniques for antibody amplification and sequence analysis, including NGS-based antibody analysis using a variety of bioinformatics platforms.
- Process computational and statistical approaches for high-dimensional data analysis.
- Guide antibody engineering approaches for humanization and sequence optimization.
- Developing new techniques for execution in the lab and subsequent downstream analyses.
- Drafting, analyzing, preparing, and presenting complex data sets to key members of scientific team.
- PhD in Molecular Biology or other related discipline with 3+ years of industry experience in molecular and cellular biology with antibody therapeutics or BS/MS in Molecular Biology or other related discipline with 10+ years of industry experience.
- Direct antibody research experience with extensive hands-on molecular biology and NGS technology required.
- At least 5+ years of documented hands-on (wet lab) experience with antibody sequence analysis, B-cell isolation and downstream processing for advanced molecular biology applications.
- In-depth knowledge of standard NGS platforms (including NGS data processing and interpretation), bioinformatics pipelines, and protein modeling software.
- Experience in high-throughput techniques, including automated PCR setup, cloning and quality control analysis.
- Strong bioinformatics background and experience with software programming and bioinformatics solutions to organize complex data sets and develop visualization solutions.
- Experience with antibody engineering including humanization, affinity maturation, sequence optimization, and in silico modeling.
- Experience managing a team of direct reports is required.
See more open positions at Twist Bioscience
Something looks off?