SOX Compliance Manager
We are seeking a Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) Compliance Manager to support our growth as we build our internal SOX capabilities. This position will be primarily responsible for the coordination, testing and monitoring of internal controls over financial reporting. This position will be reporting to the Global SOX PMO, Senior Manager and will work as a member of the newly formed in-house SOX compliance team. This position will perform testing of key control activities to ensure compliance with control objectives and the effective operation of internal controls over financial reporting (ICOFR). Additionally, this role will assist in the continued refinement, timely completion, and ongoing maintenance of all SOX documentation, including process flows and control matrices. This is an excellent opportunity to help us build an internal SOX compliance function from the ground up.
This will be a hybrid position with our Wilsonville, OR location.
What You Will Be Doing
- Support the Global SOX PMO, Sr. Manager in the development of IA Operations as well as SOX Compliance and the overall ERM program. Significant involvement in managing a co-sourced team to be able to conduct audits and identify cost savings and areas of unmitigated risks.
- Align to Executive Leadership’s and the Board’s expectations in developing and continuously updating the overall IA budget considering an on-going risk assessment, to ensure proper monitoring and mitigation and timely remediation of significant risks.
- Assist the Global SOX PMO, Sr. Manager in developing the IA Department’s competence, and people-centric skills to ensure continuous building of relationships with management, striving for a partnership rather than a “police” approach.
- Excellent project management in leading significant and value adding initiatives of the IA Department that include both assurance and consulting roles. Identified significant cost efficiencies and process improvement opportunities.
- Manage and monitor the full lifecycle of internal audits (including full re-vamp and development of the SOX compliance program), to ensure all significant risks are evaluated, assessed, and mitigated, and overall risk profile aligns to management’s risk appetite.
- Mentoring a Senior SOX Compliance Analyst to execute internal audits (e.g., SOX, operational audits) and other projects, with continuous training and audit skills development. Adding value to the company by developing people and creating assets to transition into other company departments.
- Deliver timely reporting for the Global SOX PMO, Sr. Manager, and the Audit Committee on IA’s ongoing initiatives and progress on ad hoc projects.
What You Will Bring to the Team
- Must be a team player as teamwork and collaboration are one our core values
- Analytical thinker with an effective communication capability to a broad audience and strong problem-solving capability
- A self-starter and ability to manage projects with minimal supervision
- A desire to understand the systems and processes under review and Company operations, policies, and procedures
- Pro-active and persistent in pursuing and completing tasks; takes initiative and strives to exceed expectations and goals
- Hands on individual with strong work ethic
- Detail oriented but can provide vision and direction for the “big picture”
- Ability to work under pressure and manage deadlines or unexpected changes in expectations or requirements
- Ability to prepare and articulate objective, defensible, fact-based information
- Skill in dealing politely, tactfully, and firmly with a wide range of people and personalities
- Skill in communication and interpersonal skills sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction.
- Skill in organizing, multi-tasking and prioritizing tasks
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, or related discipline required
- At least 5-8 years’ experience strongly preferred; Exposure in Audit, Consulting, Accounting, or other business-related activity. SOX Compliance and Big 4 experience a plus, but not required
- Experience managing and mentoring audit staff (i.e., external, and internal)
- Background in one or more of the following systems is preferred; Workiva, SAP, SFDC.
- Familiar with SAP ERP preferred
- CIA (Certified Internal Auditor) or CPA (Certified Public Accountant) certifications are a plus
- Understanding of IT Audit processes and procedures a plus
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, Power Point and Visio)
About Twist Bioscience
Twist Bioscience synthesizes genes from scratch, known as “writing” DNA. Just as children learn to both read and write, the next phase of development for the genomics revolution is the ability to write DNA.
At Twist Bioscience, we work in service of people who are changing the world for the better. In fields such as health care, agriculture, industrial chemicals and data storage, our unique silicon-based DNA Synthesis Platform provides precision at a scale that is otherwise unavailable to our customers.
Twist Bioscience Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Twist Bioscience Corporation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic characteristics, or any other category protected by law.
Something looks off?