Senior SOX Compliance Analyst
We are seeking a Senior Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) Compliance Analyst to support our growth as we build our internal SOX capabilities. This position will be primarily responsible for the coordination, testing and monitoring of internal controls over financial reporting. This position will be reporting to the Global SOX PMO, Senior Manager and will work as a member of the newly formed in-house SOX compliance team. This position will provide project management support to our outsourced SOX consultant. The SOX Compliance Analyst will ensure efficient execution for testing of key control activities to ensure compliance with control objectives and the effective operation of internal controls over financial reporting (ICOFR). Additionally, this role will assist in the continued refinement, timely completion, and ongoing maintenance of all SOX documentation, including process flows and control matrices. This is an excellent opportunity to help us build an internal SOX compliance function from the ground up.
This will be a hybrid position with our Wilsonville, OR location.
What You Will Be Doing
- Assisting with risk assessments in order to define the extent of testing to be performed
- As guided, documenting Internal Controls for SOX scoping and ensuring consistency in the control environment, approach, and documentation
- Planning and coordinating SOX walk-throughs and testing in accordance with the departmental testing strategy while meeting project deadlines
- Supporting the preparation and documentation of testing work papers and ensuring the SOX repository us updated in a timely manner
- Providing timely status reports on the progress of assigned projects
- Communicating audit results and recommendations for improvement to management and senior management
- Developing collaborative relationships with process/control owners and business unit management
- Determining root cause of failures, and potential business impact, and assisting the business in failure remediation
- Engaging in SOX peer reviews, including work papers review, monitoring progress of the projects, and reviewing and addressing identified issues
- Staying abreast of changes to, and best practices in, SOX 404 compliance and internal controls overall
- Leading more complex reviews and special projects as assigned
What You Will Bring to the Team
- Must be a team player as teamwork and collaboration are one our core values
- Analytical thinker with an effective communication capability to a broad audience and strong problem-solving capability
- A self-starter and ability to manage projects with minimal supervision
- A desire to understand the systems and processes under review and Company operations, policies, and procedures
- Pro-active and persistent in pursuing and completing tasks; takes initiative and strives to exceed expectations and goals
- Hands on individual with strong work ethic
- Detail oriented but can provide vision and direction for the “big picture”
- Ability to work under pressure and manage deadlines or unexpected changes in expectations or requirements
- Ability to prepare and articulate objective, defensible, fact-based information
- Skill in dealing politely, tactfully, and firmly with a wide range of people and personalities
- Skill in communication and interpersonal skills sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction.
- Skill in organizing, multi-tasking and prioritizing tasks
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, or related discipline required
- At least 3-5 years’ experience strongly preferred; Exposure in Audit, Consulting, Accounting, or other business-related activity. SOX Compliance and Big 4 experience a plus, but not required
- Background in one or more data analytics or data mining tools (e.g., SQL. ACL, Oracle, DB2, etc.)
- Familiar with SAP ERP and Workiva preferred
- CIA (Certified Internal Auditor) or CPA (Certified Public Accountant) certifications are a plus
- Understanding of IT Audit processes and procedures a plus
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, Power Point and Visio)
About Twist Bioscience
Twist Bioscience synthesizes genes from scratch, known as “writing” DNA. Just as children learn to both read and write, the next phase of development for the genomics revolution is the ability to write DNA.
At Twist Bioscience, we work in service of people who are changing the world for the better. In fields such as health care, agriculture, industrial chemicals and data storage, our unique silicon-based DNA Synthesis Platform provides precision at a scale that is otherwise unavailable to our customers.
Twist Bioscience Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Twist Bioscience Corporation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic characteristics, or any other category protected by law.
Something looks off?