Global Compliance / Tax Director
At Twist Bioscience, our expertise is accelerating science and innovation by leveraging the power of scale. We are building a culture of success and are looking for motivated professionals to join us! To add to our growth, we are seeking a Global Compliance / Tax Director to contribute their expertise to our finance team. This position, based in Portland, Oregon, reporting to the Corporate Controller will be a hands-on position responsible for leading tax planning and compliance activities with the objective of minimizing business and income tax; ensuring timely compliance reporting; effectively leading oversight of external tax professionals; and serving as an internal expert to deal directly with customers and tax authorities on tax related matters. Additionally, this role will lead effort to reduce the company’s risk exposure through engagement with our insurance providers.
What You Will Be Doing
- Oversee global tax activities and set the company’s tax policy
- Coordinate US & international corporate tax filings and audits with outside tax specialists ensuring timely preparation and filing of tax returns
- Oversee the quarterly income tax provision process, including assessing tax risks and documenting tax positions
- Develop and implement tax planning strategies to reduce tax expense, eliminate tax exposures, and minimize audit deficiencies
- Develop and implement clear and consistent transfer pricing methods across the company, direct strategic analysis and document conclusions
- Manage other tax processes, including Sales and Use Tax and Property Taxes
- Keep management apprised of tax developments that would have an impact on the Company
- Evaluate the tax costs and benefits of corporate transactions and initiatives to maximize value
- Act as control owner, executing and maintaining tax-related SOX controls
- Assist with other tax areas including international payroll tax matters, permanent establishment analyses, and information reporting, as needed.
- Other responsibilities and projects, as assigned.
What You Will Bring to the Team
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple competing objectives, take ownership, deliver on commitments
- Detailed oriented, meticulous with high degree of accuracy
- Interpersonal skills as this position will interact with employees from staff to executives in other departments within the business
- Must be team player as teamwork and collaboration are one our core values
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business preferred, CPA Preferred
- 10+ years of overall experience across public accounting and in industry
- High level of expertise calculating income tax balances and reviewing income tax provisions
- Ability to communicate effectively with and develop strong working relationships with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders including tax authorities, accounting firms, and senior leadership
- International and multi-site experience
- Experience working in rapid, start-up-like environment
About Twist Bioscience
Twist Bioscience synthesizes genes from scratch, known as “writing” DNA. Just as children learn to both read and write, the next phase of development for the genomics revolution is the ability to write DNA.
At Twist Bioscience, we work in service of people who are changing the world for the better. In fields such as health care, agriculture, industrial chemicals and data storage, our unique silicon-based DNA Synthesis Platform provides precision at a scale that is otherwise unavailable to our customers.
Twist Bioscience Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Twist Bioscience Corporation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic characteristics, or any other category protected by law.
Something looks off?