Account Manager, Antibody Discovery Services - DACH
The Account Manager, Antibody Discovery Services will work to establish Twist’s market position in the area of variant libraries and biopharma products and services. Developing strategic goals, building key customer relationships, identifying business opportunities, negotiating and closing business deals and maintaining extensive knowledge of market conditions. It is their primary responsibility to collaborate with the internal library and biopharma groups, sales, marketing, legal, and other key managers to increase opportunities and thereby maximize revenue for Twist Bioscience, Inc.
The Account Manager will report to the Director, Business Development, Biopharma and will lead activities to identify and facilitate opportunities to create and grow business partnerships with pharmaceutical, biotechnology and other related companies and academics in the implementation of Twist’s library technologies in the fields of antibody and protein engineering and biopharma products and services for the development of antibodies, non-antibody therapeutics and other engineered (non-therapeutic) proteins.
During the development phases, early commercialization and launch, the Account Manager, Antibody Discovery Services will also be responsible for managing and maintaining commercial alliances with key internal Twist biopharma resources and management and external pharma/biotech partner stakeholders.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Prospect and generate leads of potential customers, collaborators and partners that will generate revenues from library sales and the commercialization of antibody development solutions
- Generate, drive and secure a continuous deal flow of library sales and antibody development solution contracts with collaborators and partners that will lead to high value commercial agreements, with an emphasis on agreements that cover antibody development services provided by Twist Pharma.
- Provide support to field and screen incoming partnership and licensing opportunities relative to libraries and value-added antibody development solutions
- Primary lead to solicit and pitch Twist capabilities (presentations), competencies and offerings (with support of Twist Pharma scientific resource) to strategically important potential new collaborators and partners
- Primary lead negotiation role to close library orders and establish collaboration and partnership contracts, conduct due diligence and drive deal process to execution of contracts and other related business agreements
- Support, maintain and grow current and newly entered customer relationships, collaborations and partnerships in an alliance management role to foster satisfied, customer-focused development and/or commercial partnerships
- Develop strong working relationships with subject matter experts throughout Twist Pharma and Twist, Inc; assign and coordinate tasks to more qualified co-workers involved in the pursuit of each opportunity.
- Lead the development of financial models, contracts and agreements to support the business case for new customers, collaborators and partners
- Collect and analyze market and financial data to establish and present compelling business cases for collaboration and partnerships
- With support of Twist Pharma manage and drive development of deal-specific work plans by project and create key financial terms and budgets for new collaborations and partnership projects in collaboration with Twist Pharma, Corporate Business Development and finance
- Develop market research to identify potential customers, collaborators and partnerships with pharmaceutical, biotech and related industry organizations and companies of a non-competitive business.
- Develop and maintain a roadmap of all potential customer, collaborator and partnerships to maintain a healthy, growing and diversified revenue pipeline
- Understand and effectively engage a wide range of internal and external resources including Legal, IP, Finance, R&D, Regulatory Affairs, Operations, Sales & Marketing, in order to develop and maintain effective customer-related, collaborations and partnerships for libraries and antibody development solutions.
- Oversee the creation of a wide variety of customized sales tools and marketing collateral to use with prospective customers (most commonly written proposals, RFP responses and technical presentations.)
- Follow regulatory and ISO 13485 requirements
What You’ll Bring to the Team
- Advanced degree and/or at least 5 year’s experience within an antibody development or related scientific profession required
- Master's degree in Business Administration (MBA) is desired
- Experience working in a sales, business development, licensing or commercial business role in the Therapeutic or Biopharma industry organization
- Demonstrated, extensive and successful track record of sales, partnering or licensing contracts within the pharmaceutical industry, preferably within the field of protein and/or antibody engineering
- In-depth knowledge and experience within the gene mutant library and antibody engineering space
- Working knowledge of antibody development
- Experience working in global environment is preferred
- Experience working in a corporate, global or regional sales and marketing role involving gene mutant library and/or antibody development products/services.
Location: Munich, Germany. #LI-Remote
Something looks off?