Manufacturing Engineering Internship
Who We Are
Join us on our mission to democratize access to the abundance of health information in the human eye! Here at identifeye HEALTH Inc., we’re pioneering a new branch in diagnostics between laboratory medicine and radiology, that will enable regular non-invasive health monitoring for both ocular and systemic diseases.
We believe in empowering the individual by building approachable and intuitive products to provide personalized health insights to each and every patient. Our products are portable, affordable, easy to use and connected devices for early disease detection and monitoring.
We are born from 4Catalyzer - a rapidly growing health-tech incubator founded by Dr. Jonathan Rothberg, an award-winning scientist and highly successful serial entrepreneur. We are fostering a culture of technical excellence where you have the opportunity to learn, explore and see your ideas come to life.
Joining identifeye HEALTH is the opportunity to redesign the future of healthcare through the power of technology. We are here to solve real-world problems and maximize global impact, motivated by the idea that our products will change lives, including the ones of people you love.
What We Live By
- Prioritize the Patient - We make products that remove barriers between quality care and the people who need it
- Data-Driven Decisions - We search for the best solutions; objective, backed by data, and optimized for speed, simplicity and scale
- Support Each Other - We celebrate the ideas and contributions of our teammates and recognize that we can only succeed as a team, and when each person feels heard and valued
- Simplify - We build intuitive solutions to simplify patient care
What You Will Be Doing
The identifeye HEALTH Internship Program provides an opportunity for students and early career professionals to gain valuable industry experience, allowing them to develop technical skills, hone professional etiquette, learn from industry leaders, identify potential career paths and apply their academic knowledge.
Interns will have the opportunity to contribute to the exciting work happening within identifeye, build long lasting professional relationships with our team and most importantly - have fun!
The Manufacturing Engineering Internship provides an opportunity for individuals to apply engineering principles in a fast-paced new product development environment. We’re looking for someone who enjoys being hands-on, thrives in a small team environment and is excited to contribute to identifeye’s mission.
As part of our team, your core responsibilities will be to:
- Develop and document manufacturing procedures and work instructions
- Assist in the qualification and validation activities related to manufacturing processes
- Support partnership with our contract manufacturing organization (CMO)
- Measure and track key metrics to support efficiency and CMO performance
- General manufacturing engineering tasks
Internship roles are temporary, and will run for approximately 12 weeks. This role is based around a full-time schedule of 40 hours/week. Start and end dates can be flexible. This role must be able to work onsite in our Guilford, CT office. If not local, must be relocated prior to start of the internship.
What We Are Looking For
Baseline Skills, Experiences, & Attributes:
- Currently pursuing or recently graduated with a degree in Manufacturing, Industrial Engineering or a related discipline
- Basic knowledge of lean manufacturing principles
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong engineering documentation skills
- Excellent attention to detail and organization
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office suite and/or Google Workplace
- Prior experience in a manufacturing setting
- Interest in medical devices
What We Offer
identifeye HEALTH Inc. does not accept agency resumes.
identifeye HEALTH Inc. is an E-Verify and equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or Veteran status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.