Electrical Engineering Internship
Who We Are
Join us on our mission to democratize access to the abundance of health information in the human eye! Here at identifeye HEALTH Inc., we’re pioneering a new branch in diagnostics between laboratory medicine and radiology, that will enable regular non-invasive health monitoring for both ocular and systemic diseases.
We believe in empowering the individual by building approachable and intuitive products to provide personalized health insights to each and every patient. Our products are portable, affordable, easy to use and connected devices for early disease detection and monitoring.
We are born from 4Catalyzer - a rapidly growing health-tech incubator founded by Dr. Jonathan Rothberg, an award-winning scientist and highly successful serial entrepreneur. We are fostering a culture of technical excellence where you have the opportunity to learn, explore and see your ideas come to life.
Joining identifeye HEALTH is the opportunity to redesign the future of healthcare through the power of technology. We are here to solve real-world problems and maximize global impact, motivated by the idea that our products will change lives, including the ones of people you love.
What We Live By
- Prioritize the Patient - We make products that remove barriers between quality care and the people who need it
- Data-Driven Decisions - We search for the best solutions; objective, backed by data, and optimized for speed, simplicity and scale
- Support Each Other - We celebrate the ideas and contributions of our teammates and recognize that we can only succeed as a team, and when each person feels heard and valued
- Simplify - We build intuitive solutions to simplify patient care
What You Will Be Doing
The identifeye HEALTH Internship Program provides an opportunity for students and early career professionals to gain valuable industry experience, allowing them to develop technical skills, hone professional etiquette, learn from industry leaders, identify potential career paths and apply their academic knowledge.
Interns will have the opportunity to contribute to the exciting work happening within identifeye, build long lasting professional relationships with our team and most importantly - have fun!
We’re looking for someone who enjoys hands-on work, who has a strong curiosity about how things function, has a history of taking things apart, likes learning, and does electronic and embedded hardware projects on their own. Areas of contribution include board bring-up and testing, manufacturing automation, quality control and optionally firmware. Mentorship from senior engineers of many different backgrounds is available to strengthen and expand your skills and introduce you to new challenges.
As part of our team, your core responsibilities will be to:
- Assist in maturing existing designs by design verification testing (DVT) and identifying areas for design improvement
- Assist in the development and execution of system level design Verification and Validation (V&V) testing
- Review existing designs and evaluate component selection, focusing on reducing common component count and obsolescence
- Work with our existing schematic capture software to help standardize components and schematics across all parts of our device
- Assist with everyday engineering lab work
Internship roles are temporary, and will run for approximately 12 weeks. This role is based around a full-time schedule of 40 hours/week. Start and end dates can be flexible. This role must be able to work onsite in our Guilford, CT office. If not local, must be relocated prior to start of the internship.
What We Are Looking For
Baseline Skills, Experiences, & Attributes:
- Junior or Senior in Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience
- Experience with reading electrical schematics following a PCB layout
- Basic knowledge of electronics troubleshooting / repair and using lab equipment such as power supplies and oscilloscopes, etc.
- Strong desire for practical “hands on” work
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Excellent communication and engineering documentation skills
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Basic electronics design and hands-on skills (read schematics, solder, use test equipment)
- Familiarity with Altium, Mentor Graphics, or other schematic/PCB design tools
- Circuit simulation experience using LTSpice, PSpice or other SPICE software
What We Offer
- Fully covered medical insurance plan, and dental & vision coverage. As a health-tech company, we place great worth on our team’s well-being.
- 401(k) plan. Everyone should be encouraged to save for their retirement adventures!
- Flexible PTO policy and remote/hybrid work arrangements. We believe in taking personal responsibility for managing our own time, workload and results.
- Free onsite meals & kitchen stocked with snacks at our office locations.
- Annual "Improve Your Work Environment" stipend. We support what you need to be your best self when at work!
- Professional development reimbursement. Let's grow together!
- More exciting employee perks... but most importantly, the opportunity to build a revolutionary healthcare product and save millions of lives!
identifeye HEALTH Inc. does not accept agency resumes.
identifeye HEALTH Inc. is an E-Verify and equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or Veteran status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.