Staff / Senior Staff Mechanical Engineer
Who We Are
Join us on our mission to democratize access to the abundance of health information in the human eye! Here at identifeye HEALTH Inc., we’re pioneering a new branch in diagnostics between laboratory medicine and radiology, that will enable regular non-invasive health monitoring for both ocular and systemic diseases.
We believe in empowering the individual by building approachable and intuitive products to provide personalized health insights to each and every patient. Our products are portable, affordable, easy to use and connected devices for early disease detection and monitoring.
We are born from 4Catalyzer - a rapidly growing health-tech incubator founded by Dr. Jonathan Rothberg, an award-winning scientist and highly successful serial entrepreneur. We are fostering a culture of technical excellence where you have the opportunity to learn, explore and see your ideas come to life.
Joining identifeye HEALTH is the opportunity to redesign the future of healthcare through the power of technology. We are here to solve real-world problems and maximize global impact, motivated by the idea that our products will change lives, including the ones of people you love.
What We Live By
- Prioritize the Patient - We make products that remove barriers between quality care and the people who need it
- Data-Driven Decisions - We search for the best solutions; objective, backed by data, and optimized for speed, simplicity and scale
- Support Each Other - We celebrate the ideas and contributions of our teammates and recognize that we can only succeed as a team, and when each person feels heard and valued
- Simplify - We build intuitive solutions to simplify patient care
What You Will Be Doing
The Mechanical Engineering Manager is a key member of our team responsible for leading, managing and advancing our small but mighty mechanical engineering team. The successful candidate will be responsible for all mechanical project related items of task, time and budget management. The successful candidate is expected to be hands on and contribute technically.
For a self-motivated manager who still loves to be a mechanical engineer, this is a unique opportunity to jump into the middle of a fast-paced environment focused on high quality designs and delivery of devices that delight our customers.
As part of our team, your core responsibilities will be to:
- Lead by example in the development of all mechanical aspects of our system for the R&D team
- Own architecture, design, implementation, testing, and commercialization for the mechanical aspects of our systems
- Design mechanical solutions in a fast-paced environment with a quick development cycle and support those designs with prototype, analysis, and testing results
- Responsible for project plans, budgets and timelines
- Work closely with cross-departmental engineering and manufacturing teams for smooth system integration
- Work with manufacturing and product management groups to develop fundamental specifications that will determine final system performance of a complex precision electro-opto-mechanical medical imaging system
- Lead and participate in design reviews to ensure key goals are met
- Manage development efforts with 3rd party vendors and contractors
- Collaborate with both our in-house manufacturing team as well as our contract manufacturer during development through design transfer
- Provide review and checking function for other team-members drawings, designs and prototypes. Offer proven design solutions as an alternative to existing design approaches currently being implemented that could use further improvement or refinement
- Manage team and budget for responsible projects
- Coach, mentor and support engineers
What We Are Looking For
Baseline Skills, Experiences, & Attributes:
- Bachelor’s Degree or Advanced Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 15+ years of applicable experience in precision opto-electro-mechanical systems design in an FDA or ISO regulated product development environment
- 10+ year of managing a mechanical engineering team with successful product launches and fostered an environment of growth for the junior team members
- Proven ability to successfully manage the team through competing priorities, ensuring timely fulfillment of project objectives and deliverables
- Track record of all phases of product development lifecycle including design, implementation, debug, verification & validation, qualification, and transfer to manufacturing
- Strong understanding of component selection criteria, and design for reliability and manufacturability
- Working knowledge of applicable standards and regulations including ISO 13485, Quality System Regulation 21 CFR 820, ISO 9001, Risk Management and FMEA analysis
- Excellent CAD skills with tools like SolidWorks as well as PDM and file management experience
- Fluent with engineering drawings, tolerancing, and tolerance stack analyses of complex assemblies
- Excited to be a mechanical engineer by heart
- A true and demonstrated team player
- Ability to work onsite every day at our Guilford, CT office
- 15+ years of mechanical engineering management experience, preferably with complex opto-electro-mechanical medical systems
- 20+ years of mechanical engineering expertise in a small fast-paced start-up environment and/or a larger medical device manufacturer
- Proven track record of design leadership for product development from concept through launch
- Expert in Solidworks / PDM
What We Offer
- Fully covered medical insurance plan, and dental & vision coverage. As a health-tech company, we place great worth on our team’s well-being.
- 401(k) plan. Everyone should be encouraged to save for their retirement adventures!
- Flexible PTO policy and remote/hybrid work arrangements. We believe in taking personal responsibility for managing our own time, workload and results.
- Free onsite meals & kitchen stocked with snacks at our office locations.
- Annual "Improve Your Work Environment" stipend. We support what you need to be your best self when at work!
- Professional development reimbursement. Let's grow together!
- More exciting employee perks... but most importantly, the opportunity to build a revolutionary healthcare product and save millions of lives!
For this role, we provide visa assistance for qualified candidates.
identifeye HEALTH Inc. does not accept agency resumes.
identifeye HEALTH Inc. is an E-Verify and equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or Veteran status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.