Legal Intern - Intellectual Property
Who We Are
identifeye HEALTH's mission is to democratize healthcare delivery to everyone on a global scale. We are reinventing medical devices to leverage the health information in the human eye and championing a new era of healthcare by creating portable, affordable, easy to use, connected devices for early disease detection and monitoring. identifeye HEALTH is well-funded and recently raised a series B round of $80M.
We are part of 4Catalyzer - a rapidly growing health-tech incubator founded by Dr. Jonathan Rothberg, an award-winning scientist and highly successful serial entrepreneur. Our 4Catalyzer sister companies include Butterfly Network, the first whole-body Ultrasound-on-ChipTM, and Hyperfine, the first FDA-cleared portable point of care MRI. We are fostering a culture of technical excellence and positive teamwork to solve real-world problems that help improve healthcare for billions of people around the world.
Joining identifeye HEALTH is the opportunity to redesign the future of healthcare through the power of technology. Join us on this journey to maximize global impact, motivated by the idea that our products will change lives, including the ones of people you love.
What We Live By
- Prioritize the Patient - We make products that remove barriers between quality care and the people who need it
- Data-Driven Decisions - We search for the best solutions; objective, backed by data, and optimized for speed, simplicity and scale
- Support Each Other - We celebrate the ideas and contributions of our teammates and recognize that we can only succeed as a team, and when each person feels heard and valued
- Simplify - We build intuitive solutions to simplify patient care
What You Will Be Doing
Estimated Start: ASAP
Estimated Duration: Minimum of 3 months
Work Location: Ability to work onsite in Redwood City, CA or Guilford, CT is preferred. Open to remote working arrangements as well.
Schedule: Open to full-time or part-time schedule
The Legal Intern at identifeye HEALTH will have the unique opportunity to support our talented engineers and scientists as we continue to strengthen our intellectual property (IP) portfolio. As a Legal Intern, you will be exposed to various aspects of intellectual property law within the biotech industry and gain hands-on experience in the protection and development of innovative products.
As part of our team, your core responsibilities will be to:
- Coordinate and facilitate ongoing cross-functional meetings and brainstorming sessions in an effort to develop and define IP strategy
- Assist in creating and tracking project plans, timeline and objectives related to identifeye’s IP strategy
- Facilitate effective communication across IP counsel and our technical and product teams; providing status updates, reports and tracking milestones as necessary
- Collect, organize and maintain required documentation to be used in development of IP
- Provide support with the preparation, review and filing of disclosures and patent applications
What We Are Looking For
Baseline Skills, Experiences, & Attributes:
- Currently pursuing a law degree from an accredited U.S. law school, with a focus on intellectual property, patent law or a relevant field
- Bachelor’s degree in life sciences or an engineering discipline
- Passion for IP at the intersection of technology and medicine
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, with ability to collaborate with technical staff and external counsel
- Experience drafting disclosures and patent applications
- Relevant work experience related to IP and patent law
- Ability to work onsite in our office in Redwood City, CA or Guilford, CT
What We Offer
Anticipated Salary Range: $35/hour - $55/hour. The base salary range represents the anticipated low and high end of the salary range for this position. Actual salaries will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to work location, operational needs, potential employee qualifications and other considerations permitted by law.
identifeye HEALTH Inc. does not accept agency resumes.
identifeye HEALTH Inc. is an E-Verify and equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or Veteran status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.