Accounting & Finance, Sales & Business Development
Seattle, WA, USA
Posted on Monday, July 17, 2023
Tasso is a fast-growing Seattle-based startup that delivers at-home diagnostic testing to those who need it most. Tasso was founded to find a better way to collect blood than a painful fingerstick or time-consuming venous draw. Since then, our products have been used in pharmaceutical clinical trials, by Olympians as part of a new virtual anti-doping program, and broadly by hospital systems across the US. We are growing our footprint with leading health systems, clinical research organizations, academic medical centers, and more who are looking to deliver clinical-grade, convenient diagnostic tests to their patients.We are currently seeking an experienced and motivated Accounting Manager to oversee financial transactions and ensure the accuracy and integrity of our accounting processes. As an integral part of our finance team, you will be responsible for managing day-to-day financial operations, including cost accounting, accounts payable, journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, fixed asset management, and monthly close processes. You will collaborate closely with other finance team members, including the Controller, to streamline financial procedures and develop corporate finance policies. In addition, you'll work cross-functionally with colleagues in logistics, R&D, sales, production, and marketing to drive the company's financial maturity and support decision-making. You will:
- Supervise and coordinate daily, weekly, and monthly general ledger process including processing journal entries, tracking account reconciliation completion, review account reconciliations for completeness and accuracy, and controlling the financial master data in the accounting system.
- Oversee accounts payable and ensure accurate and timely vendor payments.
- Ensure accuracy in inventory, cost of goods sold (COGS), and reserves transactions.
- Establish and maintain effective internal controls and segregation of duties.
- Lead the development and implementation of corporate policies and procedures.
- Identify and address control gaps and mitigate risks.
- Manage fixed assets register and perform periodic reviews.
- Own monthly close cycles and support budget-to-actual reporting
- Conduct technical research and document findings and recommendations.
- Review state and local tax returns for accuracy.
- Perform inventory counts and assist with special projects as needed.
- Assist in preparation for annual external audit and US GAAP financial statements.
- A bachelor's degree in accounting, business, finance, or related field
- At least of seven years of relevant accounting experience
- A minimum of five years of experience supervising Staff and Senior Accountants
- A CPA certification is preferred.
- Strong technical proficiency in US GAAP
- Excellent problem-solving, mathematical, and organizational skills
- Proficient in accounting software (e.g., FishBowl, QuickBooks), Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with Bill.com, Expensify, Paylocity Payroll, or similar products is a plus.
- An ability to adapt to a fast-paced, dynamic work environment with shifting priorities and deadlines while maintaining accuracy and timeliness.
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, and communication skills
- $100K - $120K Salary + Stock Options
- 100% paid Medical, Dental & Vision for employees and generous subsidy for dependents.
- Unlimited PTO policy
- 401K + Employer Match
- Paid parental leave policy.
- Flexible (Hybrid) Work Hours