IT Systems Manager - Veeva
San Carlos, CA, USA
Posted on Monday, May 1, 2023
Vaxcyte, Inc. (Nasdaq: PCVX) is a vaccine innovation company engineering high-fidelity vaccines to protect humankind from the consequences of bacterial diseases. The Company is developing broad-spectrum conjugate and novel protein vaccines to prevent or treat bacterial infectious diseases. Vaxcyte’s lead candidate, VAX-24, is a 24-valent, broad-spectrum pneumococcal conjugate vaccine being developed for the prevention of invasive pneumococcal disease (IPD). The Company is re-engineering the way highly complex immunizations are made through modern synthetic techniques, including advanced chemistry and our exclusively licensed XpressCFTM cell-free protein synthesis platform. Unlike conventional cell-based approaches, the Company’s system for producing difficult-to-make proteins and antigens is intended to accelerate its ability to efficiently create and deliver high-fidelity vaccines with enhanced immunological benefits. Vaxcyte’s pipeline also includes VAX-XP, a PCV with an expanded breadth of coverage of greater than 30 strains; VAX-A1, a prophylactic vaccine candidate designed to prevent Group A Strep infections; and VAX-PG, a therapeutic vaccine candidate designed to slow or stop the progression of periodontal disease. The Company is driven to eradicate or treat invasive bacterial infections, which have serious and costly health consequences when left unchecked. For more information, visit www.vaxcyte.com.
Vaxcyte, headquartered in San Carlos, CA, went public in June 2020 and currently has a team of approximately 150 employees and anticipates continued, significant growth. Following the October 2022 follow-on equity offering, which generated approximately $651 million in net proceeds, the Company’s balance sheet is further strengthened to advance its pipeline of novel vaccines, including VAX-24. On October 24, 2022, the Company announced positive topline safety, tolerability and immunogenicity data from the Phase 1/2 proof-of-concept study evaluating VAX-24 in adults aged 18-64. The Company believes these results support a best-in-class potential for VAX-24, which was designed to replace the current standard-of-care in adults and children. VAX-24 is being investigated for the prevention of IPD, which can be most serious for infants, young children, older adults and those with immune deficiencies or certain chronic health conditions. Given the global impact of pneumococcal disease remains significant, the public health community continues to advocate for vaccines that can offer broader protection to prevent IPD. Vaxcyte’s PCV franchise, consisting of VAX-24 and VAX-XP, is designed specifically to address this need and has the potential to deliver the broadest protection for this very serious disease. We believe that our PCVs could receive regulatory approval based on successful completion of clinical studies utilizing well-defined surrogate immune endpoints, consistent with how other PCVs have obtained regulatory approval in the past, rather than requiring clinical field efficacy studies.
The IT Systems Admin role serves as a techno-functional expert for Vaxcyte’s current and future Veeva applications and related technologies. Working closely with business and managed services partners, this role is responsible for helping implement, manage, and maintain Vaxcyte’s Veeva investments. While technical in nature, the Veeva Application Owner drives business value by blending technology expertise with business process know-how. This is a hands-on role that reports to the Head of Enterprise IT Systems at Vaxcyte’s San Carlos, California headquarters.
- Help create and evolve a multi-year Veeva technology investment roadmap.
- Establish and maintain close working relationships with Veeva ecosystem partners.
- Manage and evolve Vaxcyte’s current Vault applications and help implement and own future Veeva (or similar) investments.
- Manage user accounts, roles, and profiles to ensure the security and integrity of data.
- Configure and customize Veeva applications to meet business requirements.
- Ensure data quality and accuracy by performing regular data audits and implementing data validation rules.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues related to Veeva applications.
- Work closely with stakeholders to understand business requirements and provide solutions using Veeva applications.
- Train users on Veeva applications and provide ongoing support.
- Maintain documentation on Veeva applications, including system architecture, configurations, and standard operating procedures.
- Provide Veeva admin and operational support including user (internal and external) and security management, hierarchies, roles, data management, workflows, and report creation.
- Lead requirements gathering, analysis, design, and configuration activities.
- Coordinate with managed services, business partners and assurance teams to implement planned releases and functional change requests.
- Monitor, triage, and resolve support tickets for issues impacting end-users, including system unavailability and data integrity issues.
- Assist with end-user and business owner training, including creation of training materials.
- Plan and conduct requisite periodic reviews and related compliance activities.
- Work with IT Operations to support provisioning and de-provisioning efforts.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, or related field a plus.
- Mandatory 3+ years of experience in Veeva application administration.
- 7+ years of total IT Systems experience.
- Strong understanding of Veeva application suites including Quality, RIM and Clinical.
- Familiarity with data management best practices.
- Solid problem-solving skills and ability to troubleshoot issues including root cause analysis.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work collaboratively with stakeholders.
- Technical writing skills for updating SOPs, WI, Knowledgebase articles etc.
- Experience with Salesforce is a plus.
- Veeva Administrator certification is a plus.
- All Vaxcyte employees require vaccination against COVID-19.
Reports to: Vice President, IT and Facilities
Location: San Carlos, CA
The compensation package will be competitive and includes comprehensive benefits and an equity component.
Salary Range: $97,000 - $127,000
Send resumes to:
825 Industrial Road, Suite 300
San Carlos, CA 94070
See more open positions at SutroVax
Something looks off?