Supply Chain Manager
San Carlos, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, March 30, 2023
Vaxcyte, Inc. (Nasdaq: PCVX) is a vaccine innovation company engineering high-fidelity vaccines to protect humankind from the consequences of bacterial diseases. The Company is developing broad-spectrum conjugate and novel protein vaccines to prevent or treat bacterial infectious diseases. Vaxcyte’s lead candidate, VAX-24, is a 24-valent, broad-spectrum pneumococcal conjugate vaccine being developed for the prevention of invasive pneumococcal disease (IPD). The Company is re-engineering the way highly complex immunizations are made through modern synthetic techniques, including advanced chemistry and our exclusively licensed XpressCFTM cell-free protein synthesis platform. Unlike conventional cell-based approaches, the Company’s system for producing difficult-to-make proteins and antigens is intended to accelerate its ability to efficiently create and deliver high-fidelity vaccines with enhanced immunological benefits. Vaxcyte’s pipeline also includes VAX-XP, a PCV with an expanded breadth of coverage of greater than 30 strains; VAX-A1, a prophylactic vaccine candidate designed to prevent Group A Strep infections; and VAX-PG, a therapeutic vaccine candidate designed to slow or stop the progression of periodontal disease. The Company is driven to eradicate or treat invasive bacterial infections, which have serious and costly health consequences when left unchecked. For more information, visit www.vaxcyte.com.
Vaxcyte, headquartered in San Carlos, CA, went public in June 2020 and currently has a team of approximately 150 employees and anticipates continued, significant growth. Following the October 2022 follow-on equity offering, which generated approximately $651 million in net proceeds, the Company’s balance sheet is further strengthened to advance its pipeline of novel vaccines, including VAX-24. On October 24, 2022, the Company announced positive topline safety, tolerability and immunogenicity data from the Phase 1/2 proof-of-concept study evaluating VAX-24 in adults aged 18-64. The Company believes these results support a best-in-class potential for VAX-24, which was designed to replace the current standard-of-care in adults and children. VAX-24 is being investigated for the prevention of IPD, which can be most serious for infants, young children, older adults and those with immune deficiencies or certain chronic health conditions. Given the global impact of pneumococcal disease remains significant, the public health community continues to advocate for vaccines that can offer broader protection to prevent IPD. Vaxcyte’s PCV franchise, consisting of VAX-24 and VAX-XP, is designed specifically to address this need and has the potential to deliver the broadest protection for this very serious disease. We believe that our PCVs could receive regulatory approval based on successful completion of clinical studies utilizing well-defined surrogate immune endpoints, consistent with how other PCVs have obtained regulatory approval in the past, rather than requiring clinical field efficacy studies.
Vaxcyte is looking for an energetic and talented individual to join Vaxcyte’s Supply Chain organization. The primary function of this position is to oversee material inventory and storage and manage global material shipments through Vaxcyte’s service provider and partner ecosystem (i.e., CDMOs, CROs, Suppliers, Shippers, and Authorities). Materials include critical raw materials, intermediates, drug substances and drug product supply for clinical trials.
This position will provide a crucial role in timely, accurate and compliant material movement across, and within, Vaxcyte’s supply chain. It is necessary to possess working knowledge of GxP (GMP, GLP, GCP) regulations as they pertain to the shipment, receipt, and storage of regulated materials. Solid expertise with global shipping is essential in this role, as is customer service excellence. This position will report to the Director of Materials Management.
- Serve as the single-point-of-intake for shipping requests, subsequent processing, tracking and record maintenance.
- Prepare all required shipping documentation.
- Ensure all required licenses, permits and insurance are in place prior to shipment.
- Coordinate with logistics partners to ensure smooth delivery to customers. Monitors service and delivery issue and take corrective actions as needed.
- Coordinate investigation and resolution of temperature excursions.
- Interpret shipping provisions in contracts and apply them during shipment planning and execution
- Assist in developing shipping procedures.
- Establish strong relations with specialty shipping service providers (Biocair, World Courier, etc.) freight forwards, and 3PL’s.
- Maintain internal database of shipments and inventory. Capture and enter requisite shipping and inventory data in information systems or other tools.
- Assist with preparation of inventory and shipping reports, dashboards, and KPIs for Vaxcyte stakeholders.
- Partner with departments across the company to ensure internal customers are satisfied.
- Assist to oversee material inventory internally and across service providers.
- BS in science-related discipline a definite plus.
- 3+ years’ experience working in the Life Sciences industry.
- 5+ years’ experience in cGMP materials management and global shipping.
- Fluent with all global shipping-related statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Knowledge of Incoterms.
- Knowledge of legal export / import requirements and shipping document preparation.
- Understand the requirements, technologies and processes of cold-chain supply management.
- Experience with arranging international and domestic transportation.
- Understand licensing, insurance and importer of record requirements.
- Experience authoring and using GxP documents such as SOP’s and work instructions.
- Basic understanding of tariffs / VAT in North America, Europe and Asia.
- Relentless focus and passion around process improvements (efficiency and automation).
- Excellent communication, customer service and relationship skills are an absolute must.
- All Vaxcyte employees require vaccination against COVID-19.
Reports to: Director of Materials Management
Location: San Carlos, CA
The compensation package will be competitive and includes comprehensive benefits and an equity component.
Salary Range: $133,000 - $145,000
Send resumes to:
825 Industrial Road, Suite 300
San Carlos, CA 94070
See more open positions at SutroVax
Something looks off?