Senior Accounts Payable Accountant - Finance
Sr Accounts Payable Accountant
(This is a Hybrid role located in Hyderabad/Bangalore, India)
This could be the Opportunity of Your Life!
Working at Signant Health puts you at the very heart of the world’s most exciting sector - a high-growth, dynamic company in an extraordinary industry. We’re radically changing the clinical trial landscape, driving change through the technology and innovations we create and the services we deliver to our customers.
Where do you fit in?
We're on the hunt for a new Senior Accounts Payable Accountant who will support the full-cycle accounts payable process through a variety of accounting activities. This position is responsible for the accurate and timely processing of vendor bills in accordance with Group policies within the Accounting ERP system for multiple subsidiaries. This position is also responsible for verification of expense coding, issuing vendor payments and vendor statement reconciliations.
Want to join the Best Team of Your Life?
We’re looking for people who are excited by the potential to make a difference in the world. You don’t need to have a clinical background to thrive at Signant. You need to be decisive, open to celebrating mistakes, able to communicate transparently and inclusively, and someone your team can count on. Most of all you need to be yourself!
As part of our team, your main responsibilities will include:
- Review, enter and upload vendor bills accurately and timely, with supporting backup details, ensuring general ledger coding according to Group accounting policies and internal controls environment.
- Process vendor expenses qualified to be billed as out-of-pocket pass-through charges, document electronic vendor bill approval, and confirmation of the billable nature of the charge and project charge codes in accordance with customers’ contractual terms.
- Save and maintain organized paperless files and folders with appropriate electronic backup documents and reconciliations for assigned vendor accounts.
- Follow-up with internal bill approvers to ensure approval of invoices in compliance with certain metrics of the accounts payable process to ensure timely payment according to vendor terms.
- Perform month-end close procedures including the review and analyses of general ledger accounts, preparing monthly accruals, payment reconciliations and requesting outstanding vendor bills and monthly statements from external vendors.
- Respond to vendor and internal requests in a timely manner, investigate discrepancies and follow-up with vendor to resolve with effective communications with internal teams including project managers.
- Supply supporting back up records of charges passed through for client inquiries, as necessary, which includes researching and preparing reconciliations to facilitate resolution.
- Maintain and seek to improve processes and system efficiencies and support system(s) implementations, including assisting with periodic system upgrade testing.
- Assist with the preparation of 1099 forms and other tax requirements as needed.
- Assist with special projects, prepare analyses, and complete additional assignments as requested. Knowledge
You’ll need to bring:
- Associate or bachelor’s degree in corporate business-related discipline; Accounting degree preferred; Or the equivalent of 8+ years of progressive accounts payable experience in a global company.
- 3 years in related accounts payables processing experience of vendor bill entry and coding; Software or pharmaceutical industry experience is a plus.
- Experience utilizing accounting data within an ERP system, extracting, and formatting ERP data exports and managing organized paperless records; NetSuite ERP knowledge is a plus.
- Intermediate level proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Excel and Outlook, with the ability to work with large amounts of data, ability to recognize data patterns. Excel functions and formulas including V-Lookup, SumIf, text-to-column, sorting, filtering, Concatenate data. Pivot tables knowledge a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to pay close attention to details with excellent accuracy, timeliness and completeness and adhere to strict deadlines.
- Strong communication (written and verbal), problem solving and analytical skills to communicate progress status and setbacks quickly and directly to managers.
We’d be thrilled to hear that you also have:
- Diplomacy skills to deal effectively and professionally with obstacles that arise with external customers and vendors and with internal stakeholders.
- Proven ability to work in a proficient-paced environment, meet deadlines and adapt to changes, when required.
- A positive approach and willingness to learn coupled with the ability to work in a virtual team environment.
And finally, here are the ways of working that will help you succeed at Signant:
- A passion for metrics and driving towards objective results, with presentation experience at any stakeholder level.
- Keeping yourself up to date with the latest technical trends in engineering, professional services, agile processes, and project management disciplines, with the ability to drive learning within projects to their teams.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written.
We know that everyone has different wants and needs, which is why along with a highly competitive base salary we support our people and their loved ones with a variety of perks and benefits.
As part of our team some of the benefits you can expect to receive are:
- Our Long-Term Incentive Plan which is unique to the industry
- The flexibility to work remotely
- Comprehensive health insurance
- Generous paid time off
- Welfare pension scheme
Then we’d love to hear from you
Please note that Signant does not accept unsolicited resumes from Third Party vendors.
- Job Family Finance
- Job Function AFB-Accounts Payable/Receivable
- Pay Type Salary