Senior Accountant - Finance
Senior Accountant - Finance
(US - Remote)
Are you ready for the Most Impactful Work of Your Life?
Signant Health is a global evidence-generation company. We’re helping our customers digitally enable their clinical trial programs, meeting patients where they are, driving change through technology and innovations, and reimagining the path to proof.
Working at Signant Health puts you in the very heart of the world’s most exciting sector - a high-growth, dynamic company in an extraordinary industry.
Where do you fit in?
The Senior Accountant performs various daily and monthly general accounting activities for the company's multiple entities on multiple ERP systems, including creating journal entries, preparing support schedules, and account reconciliations for balance sheet assets and accruals.
Responsibilities also include performing accounts receivable and accounts payable functions for multiple subsidiaries. The Senior Accountant reports to the Assistant Controller and will also assist in process improvements, process documentation, system migrations, and integration projects.
Roles and Responsibilities
As part of our team, your main responsibilities will be:
1. Responsible for the accurate and timely preparation of journal entries and account reconciliations in accordance with group policies within ERP systems for subsidiaries by posting and reconciling transactions and resolving discrepancies related to banking, intercompany accounting, other assets, receivables, payables, accruals, and revenue and expenses.
2. Prepare account analyses and supporting documentation for the month-end closing process for multi-subsidiaries, including but not limited to account reconciliations, roll-forward, and trend analyses. Communicate status and findings clearly and concisely within the set close schedule.
3. Responsible for performing accounts receivable functions for subsidiaries: electronic invoicing, proactively pursuing collections and post cash application of multi-national customers in multiple currencies and multiple receivable sub-ledgers of various contracting entities, as well as preparing customer analyses and account statements, maintaining and reporting on collection status notes.
4. Responsible for performing accounts payable functions for subsidiaries: accurately and timely review, enter and upload invoices into the ERP accounting system while ensuring correct general ledger coding of accounts payable vendor bills, with a thorough understanding of accounting for expenses, prepaid, inventory and capitalized fixed assets and intercompany transactions—follow-up with internal bill approvers for approval.
5. Assist with preparing audit files and schedules for year-end audits.
6. Assist with various requests for tax filings, audits, compliance, ad-hoc reporting, special project analyses, and administrative needs as assigned.
7. Participate in ERP system(s) implementations, migrations, and periodic system upgrade testing.
8. Assist in developing documented process narratives and/or training material while identifying opportunities for process and efficiency improvements to create efficiencies and reduce time frames for deliverables in the financial close and reporting processes.
Decision-Making and Influence:
1. Highly collaborative relationship with Accounting and Finance function members at global and multiple subsidiaries.
2. Highly collaborative relationship with Finance-IT to support ERP system processes, automation and upgrades, and integrate other systems that feed the general ledger.
You’ll need to bring:
1. Associate or Bachelor’s degree in Business or Accounting required; CPA, a plus.
2. Five years of progressive accounting work experience, including interaction with multiple legal entities and various business unit management.
3. Experienced utilizing accounting data within an ERP system, extracting and formatting ERP data exports, and managing organized paperless records; NetSuite and QuickBooks ERP knowledge is a plus.
4. Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Excel and Outlook, and the ability to work with large amounts of data, recognize data patterns and anomalies and perform pivot tables, V/H-lookups, Sum, Ifs, and other advanced functions.
5. Ability to pay close attention to detail with excellent accuracy, completeness, and consistency while adhering to strict deadlines with excellent organization and ability to document and organize work papers thoroughly.
6. Experience with understanding ad hoc requests and producing required outputs.
7. Strong communication skills (written and oral) to present information, provide status updates, and respond to inquiries from various managers and internal and external customers of the organization.
8. Demonstrated effective judgment and analytical/problem-solving skills to deal effectively and professionally with obstacles that arise with external and internal stakeholders and engage in collaborative problem-solving efforts.
9. Confident and professionally poised with proven ability to work in a fast-paced and multiple-location team environment, meet deadlines, and adapt to change with a seamless effect on the business.
10. A positive approach and willingness to learn coupled with the ability to work in a team environment.
We’d be thrilled to hear that you also have:
1. Industry experience in pharmaceutical/life sciences/ and/or software project-management-based technology
2. Experience in ERP system migrations and implementation and automation projects
3. Proficiency in Company Revenue Recognition
4. Experience in cash forecasting and tracking actuals vs forecast
And finally, here are the ways of working that will help you succeed at Signant:
· You have a constructive can-do attitude and can adapt quickly to change.
· You’re motivated by working in a fast-growing global company.
· You’re self-driven, active, and want to learn new things continuously.
We know that everyone has different wants and needs, which is why along with a highly competitive base salary, we support our people and their loved ones with a variety of perks and benefits.
As part of our team, some of the benefits you can expect to receive are:
Our Long Term Incentive Plan, which is unique to the industry
Comprehensive health, dental, and vision insurance
A competitive retirement plan
Generous paid time off
Does this sound like something you’d like to explore? Then we’d love to hear from you!
Please apply below.
We review and respond to every application, keep an eye on your inbox for our reply.
Please note that Signant does not accept unsolicited resumes from Third Party vendors.
- Job Family Finance
- Job Function AFU-Audit and Financial/Business Controls Generalist/Multidiscipline
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator Regular