R&D Support Engineer - Technology R&D
R&D Support Engineer - Technology R&D
Are you ready for the Most Impactful Work of Your Life?
Working at Signant Health puts you at the very heart of the world’s most exciting sector - a high-growth, dynamic company in an extraordinary industry. We’re radically changing the clinical trial landscape, driving change through the technology and innovations we create and the services we deliver to our customers.
Our R&D Support team is growing and we’re now looking for a new teammate!
The R&D Support Engineer provides excellent internal customer service and resolves infrastructure and application incidents from production and pre-production environments which are escalated to R&D. R&D Support Engineer works the normal business hours, no shift work.
- Investigates and resolves infrastructure and application incidents from production and pre-production environments which are escalated to R&D.
- Collaborates with Product Management, Operations teams and R&D teams to ensure high quality support services for internal customers.
- Assists, manages and triages incidents and service requests for R&D support
- Determines root cause of issues
- Verifies that all necessary requirements, incident details, sample data, and other supporting information is provided with each incident or service request submitted
- Possesses or quickly gains detailed knowledge of the company’s products to effectively document and support the products
- Tracks progress of R&D support tickets with a focus on meeting delivery deadlines
- Collaborate with R&D teams for ensuring the appropriate resources are engaged for timely action and proper traction
- Communicates proactively request status to internal customers
- Provides data and reporting R&D support tickets status as needed
Decision making & influence
- Helps to manage overall prioritizations between production incidents/problems, releases, and new products implementation
- Helps to develop and implement the overall management process for the incident management
- Advises management on situations that may require additional support or escalation
- Follows up with internal customers to identify areas of improvement
- Other responsibilities will be assigned as required
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes
- Bachelor’s Degree in software engineering or computer science required. Master’s Degree is a plus.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in a software development environment
- Strong experience working directly with customers
- Basic knowledge of web services and API
- Understanding of SQL language
- Basic knowledge of scripting languages (Perl, Shell)
- Good understanding of computer systems, mobile devices and other tech products
- Experience working in an Agile Development environment
To succeed in the role, you should have:
- You enjoy problem-solving and have a constructive can-do attitude
- You are motivated by working in a fast-growing global company
- You are self-driven, active and want to continuously learn new things
- You have good communication skills in English, both spoken and written, and are able to articulate technical details succinctly
- You like to share knowledge as a way to advance organizational learning
- You see the value of documentation in enabling high-quality R&D outcomes
Want to join the Best Team of Your Life?
We’re looking for people who are excited by the potential to make a difference in the world. You don’t need to have a clinical background to thrive at Signant. You need to be decisive, open to celebrating mistakes, able to communicate transparently and inclusively, and someone your team can count on. Most of all you need to be yourself!
Does this sound like the Best Work of your life? Then we’d love to hear from you!
To apply, please submit your CV as soon as possible.
Please note that Signant does not accept unsolicited resumes from Third Party vendors.
- Job Family Technology R&D
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator Regular