Senior Devops Engineer - Technology R&D
Senior Devops Engineer - Technology R&D
Working at Signant Health puts you at the very heart of the world’s most exciting sector - a high-growth, dynamic company in an extraordinary industry. We’re radically changing the clinical trial landscape, driving change through the technology and innovations we create and the services we deliver to our customers.
Where do you fit in?
We're on the hunt for a new Senior DevOps Engineer who will drive our configuration management, build, deploy, and monitoring platforms. You must be a self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced, agile environment, which means wearing many hats, being able to change direction quickly, and showing an eagerness to learn and introduce new technologies as the need arises.
Want to join the Best Team of Your Life?
We’re looking for people who are excited by the potential to make a difference in the world. You don’t need to have a clinical background to thrive at Signant. You need to be decisive, open to celebrating mistakes, able to communicate transparently and inclusively, and someone your team can count on. Most of all you need to be yourself!
As part of our team, your main responsibilities will be:
- Adopting and implementing best practices and champion an engineering culture emphasizing Agile, DevOps, Continuous Integration, and Continuous Deployment
- Participate in furthering of Agile/DevOps culture
- Design next generation application strategy using cloud-native and serverless architectures
- Promote the development of technical standards for the team
- Work with the lines of business, support staff, and technology areas, to design a technical structure meeting the strategic needs of the business
- Implement configuration management for development, test, and production environments
- Secure systems using best practices, and continuously audit environment to confirm it is bulletproof
- Monitor for optimal performance and uptime of cloud infrastructure
- Respond to alerts of application instability, identifying root cause and corrective actions
- Control infrastructure costs by continually looking for opportunities to right-size servers and services
- Architect systems for high availability. Document and test disaster recovery scenarios.
- Migrate on-premises workloads to the cloud (AWS/Azure)
- Monitor application and infrastructure and identify opportunities to improve performance
- Work with Engineers to drive issues to resolution during application instability
- Identify weaknesses in the infrastructure and be the driver of improvements
- Maintain and implement change management control procedures and processes for production, UAT and TE releases.
- Research and evaluate new technologies.
- Dedication and commitment to promote diversity, multiculturalism and inclusion in all work
- Ability to collaborate in diverse teams to foster productive outcomes
You’ll need to bring:
- At least 8 years of experience in DevOps and Enterprise Applications deployments on data centers and public clouds.
- Experience in a modern software development environment that is Agile and incorporates DevOps practices
- Hands on experience with DevOps Tools like Jenkins, Artifactory, Maven, Azure DevOps
- Strong experience with cloud platforms like AWS and Azure, Azure preferred
- Experience in Python, Terraform, PowerShell
- Version control systems: Git,
- Experience in containerization and orchestration (Kubernetes)
- Configuration management using Ansible, or Chef
- Good understanding of Cloud governance and how to implement
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment
- Cloud Certifications like AWS Solutions Architect highly preferred
- Expert in Linux/Windows server operating systems, and Web Server technologies including IIS, Tomcat, WebLogic, WebSphere and Apache Web Server
- Knowledge of relational databases including Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, and PostgreSQL
- Proven ability to work in a team-oriented environment, providing back-up support to team members & establishing/maintaining effective work relationships with co-workers within and across functional areas.
- Previously demonstrated proactive and positive approach to tasks and projects overall, as well as to the types of scheduling & process changes that are inherent in a fast-paced business.
And finally, here are the ways of working that will help you succeed at Signant:
- You enjoy problem-solving and have a constructive can-do attitude.
- You’re motivated by working in a fast-growing global company.
- You’re self-driven, active and want to continuously learn new things.
- You have great communication skills in English, both spoken and written, and can articulate technical details succinctly.
- You like to share knowledge as a way to advance organisational learning.
Does this sound like something you’d like to explore? Then we’d love to hear from you!
Please apply below. We review and respond to every application, keep an eye on your inbox for our reply.
Please note that Signant does not accept unsolicited resumes from Third Party vendors.
- Job Family Technology R&D
- Job Function AID-IT Development
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator Regular