Sr. Neuropsych Account Manager - St. Louis, MO
General Scope and Summary
SAGE Therapeutics is searching for a patient-inspired, results oriented and collaborative sales professional. This critical role will help drive a product launch and establish a new market in Post-Partum Depression (PPD). Along with executing all sales promotional activity in their territory, they will have a key role in leading, developing, and executing the territory sales strategy; analyzing key business drivers and trends; building effective cross-functional and cross-regional partnerships; and ensuring execution of their business plan. In addition, the TBM will work closely with local key opinion leaders. This position requires adaptability and the capacity to find success through ambiguity, problem solving and project management in an innovative and compliant manner. This individual will be an essential component to the success of the commercial vision and help build an organization led by science driven to improve the lives of women with PPD and families.
Roles and Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
- Achieves the territory goals through effective business planning, sales execution and fully leveraging our customer selling model.
- Promotes a customer-centered culture that strives to exceed customer needs, requirements, and expectations by supporting and developing rapport with external customers in Psychiatry, Obstetrics/ Gynecology and Internal Medicine/Primary Care
- Understands HCP and account-based strategy to promote PPD awareness, screening and diagnosis as well as product knowledge and utilization needs.
- Embraces Sage’s culture of compliance and ensures that all activities are fully compliant with Sage policies and procedures, applicable laws, regulations, and industry standards and are aligned with Our Values, including putting patients and their families first.
- Identifies & builds rapport with key stakeholders within target accounts and compliantly cultivate local KOL support.
- Demonstrates a thorough understanding of the PPD disease state and available treatment options and their impact on patients, payers, institutions, health systems and healthcare providers.
- Analyzes the market to understand the local healthcare environment (reimbursement, coverage, healthcare delivery models, transitions in care and patient pathways) and uses this knowledge to identify and leverage business opportunities.
- Collaborates with matrix teams (Market Access, Trade, Marketing, etc.) to execute on strategies.
- Ability to think critically to navigate complexities in patient care pathways and sites of care.
- Problem solver and willingness to think creatively to achieve solutions.
- Collaborates with team members and commercial partners within Sage and with alliance partners.
- Leading without authority to accomplish necessary business with others both internally and externally.
- Intellectual curiosity to continually explore and learn new information; try and embrace new initiatives and technologies to enhance selling efforts.
Experience, Education and Specialized Knowledge and Skills
Must thrive working in a fast-paced, innovative environment while remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful, and efficient. Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to develop important relationships with key stakeholders, ability to identify issues and raise to key stakeholders in order to develop relevant and realistic plans, programs and recommendations
- BA/BS degree required.
- 5+ years related experience in the biotechnology sales, marketing, or operations experience
- Experience in specialty categories such as Women’s Health, CNS, Brain Health and their treatment options strongly preferred
- Consistent track record of top sales performance including recognition for of sales goals required
- Deep local market knowledge preferred
- Launch experience preferred
- Strong analytical and computer capabilities to analyze the market, evaluate customer needs and objectives and outline business opportunities required
- Ability to create territory plans to engage customers in areas of mutual interest; ability to align internal stakeholders on plans of action and coordinates account and company resources to execute required
- Strong team player and collaborator that has a customer service approach and is solution oriented preferred
- Attention to detail and the ability to work individually, within a multi-disciplinary team, as well as with external partners and vendors preferred
- Ability to travel up to 50-90%
- Embrace Sage core values: Put People First, Improve Lives, Cultivate Curiosity, Do Right, Forge New Pathways
- Excitement and commitment to the vision and mission of Sage
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other factors prohibited by law.
This job description may not be inclusive of all assigned duties, responsibilities, or aspects of the job described. Other duties may be added, or this description amended at any time at the sole discretion of Sage.
Number of Openings:1
#Biotechnology #Careers #ThisIsSage
All Sage new hires will be required to provide documentation that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or, if not, that they are legally entitled to an accommodation due to a medical condition or a sincerely held religious belief. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis, and Sage will consider, among other things, whether the proposed accommodation would create an undue hardship.
Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other factors prohibited by law.
We value our relationships with professional recruitment firms. To protect the interests of all parties, and given the large volume of inquiries received from third-party placement agencies, we are not able to respond to all agency inquiries. We do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from candidates for current or future positions. Submission of unsolicited resumes in advance of a signed agreement between our company and a placement agency does not create an implied obligation and, if an unsolicited candidate represented by a placement agency is hired, we are not obligated to pay a fee. Only approved recruitment firms will be allowed to provide services to Sage Therapeutics, Inc.#LI-Remote