Senior / Principal Scientist, DMPK
We are seeking a versatile, self-motivated scientist to become an integral part of the R&D teams and the Nonclinical Development function. You will be the drug metabolism and pharmacokinetics (DMPK) lead on project teams discovering and developing small molecule modulators of clinically meaningful targets. We are looking for a consummate teammate who seeks a scientifically rigorous and collaborative environment in which to grow their career in drug R&D. We are looking for an energetic and passionate Senior/Principal Scientist to join the DMPK team. We take what we do seriously, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously. You’ll have fun in our collaborative and energetic environment where you’ll face new challenges every day.
- Represent DMPK in multifunctional discovery and early development project teams; integrate, summarize and effectively communicate complex data
- Develop and implement DMPK strategies to help drive discovery through candidate selection efforts on small molecule inhibitor, modulator, and protein degrader programs.
- Use a broad array of DMPK experimental and in silico data to enable integrated analyses of biopharmaceutics, drug metabolism, PK/PD, human PK/dose projections and DDI risk
- Support DMPK needs for clinical stage programs through close collaboration with Clinical Pharmacology and Toxicology.
- Work closely with DMPK CROs to design, coordinate, monitor and manage external ADME and PK studies
- Collaborate with key stakeholders and project team members to support drug discovery and development
- Contribute to the cross-functional review of regulatory documents and author and review DMPK sections for relevant regulatory documents
- Recommend, initiate, lead and champion innovations to ensure relevant cutting-edge science is applied to project-related issues
- Contribute to a team culture that promotes fearlessness, inclusion, candor and craftmanship
- You have earned a Ph.D in a DMPK related field with ~5 years of related experience in an industry setting.
- You know how to partner closely with experts and leaders across research, clinical, regulatory, and project management.
- Hands on experience developing PK/PD and/or PBPK models is highly preferred.
- You have a track record of developing strong partnerships with contract research labs and managing them for successful delivery and accountability.
- You have a reputation for being an effective project team member and collaborating across disciplines to move programs forward.
- You are a clear, candid, and concise communicator – whether in person, by phone/ email, or in front of an audience presenting.
- You are passionate about DMPK and can share insights and guidance with others across disciplines.
About Relay Therapeutics
Relay Therapeutics is a clinical-stage precision medicines company transforming the drug discovery process with the goal of bringing life-changing therapies to patients. Built on unparalleled insights into protein motion and how this dynamic behavior relates to protein function, we aim to effectively drug protein targets that have previously been intractable, with an initial focus on enhancing small molecule therapeutic discovery in targeted oncology. Our Dynamo platform integrates an array of leading-edge experimental and computational approaches to provide a differentiated understanding of protein structure and motion to drug these targets. We have built a world-class team of leading experts from each of these disciplines, and they are driven by a deep collaboration at every step of our drug discovery process.
Our team is equal parts fearless and relentless, with a shared passion for working collaboratively in intellectually stimulating environments. If you’re excited by the challenge of putting protein motion at the heart of drug discovery and passionate about making a difference in the lives of patients, join us!