Senior / Principal Scientist, Computational Biology
We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated computational biologist to join our team as the Director of Bioinformatics. This leadership role will play a crucial part in shaping our research and clinical drug discovery efforts. The ideal candidate will
- be a key leader on a high performing team responsible for understanding the clinical mechanisms of Relay’s cancer and rare disease therapies and mentor the next generation of computational biologists.
- work with cross functional teams to mine and analyze multi-omics and NGS data to establish efficacy-exposure relationship for clinical and pre-clinical programs. \
- collaborate with the discovery biology teams to identify new opportunities for Relay’s growing portfolio.
- Lead and manage the bioinformatics group, fostering a collaborative and innovative work environment.
- Provide hands-on leadership for deep integrative analyses of complex datasets across various modalities to generate testable hypotheses.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to integrate bioinformatics into broader research and development plans.
- Independently communicate findings to cross functional teams.
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams to ensure that data is effectively utilized for high level impact.
- Develop and implement strategies for analyzing and interpreting complex biological data.
- Follow the industry trends, literature and emerging technologies, ensuring our bioinformatics capabilities remain at the forefront.
- Ph.D plus 10 or more years of experience in a quantitative field (i.e., bioinformatics, computational/systems biology) within industry drug discovery and development setting
- Experience evaluating and prioritizing oncology targets
- Experience leading bioinformatics group
- Strong proficiency in bioinformatics tools, software and data analyses techniques
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to collaborate effectively with interdisciplinary teams
- Experience working on problems involving complex biological systems at high-resolution
- Experience with the analysis of NGS data
- Experience analyzing genomics data from clinical trials in an industry setting
- A track record of scientific excellence as reflected by high-impact, peer-reviewed publications and/or patents
About Relay Therapeutics
Relay Therapeutics is a clinical-stage precision medicines company transforming the drug discovery process with the goal of bringing life-changing therapies to patients. Built on unparalleled insights into protein motion and how this dynamic behavior relates to protein function, we aim to effectively drug protein targets that have previously been intractable, with an initial focus on enhancing small molecule therapeutic discovery in targeted oncology. Our Dynamo platform integrates an array of leading-edge experimental and computational approaches to provide a differentiated understanding of protein structure and motion to drug these targets. We have built a world-class team of leading experts from each of these disciplines, and they are driven by a deep collaboration at every step of our drug discovery process.
Our team is equal parts fearless and relentless, with a shared passion for working collaboratively in intellectually stimulating environments. If you’re excited by the challenge of putting protein motion at the heart of drug discovery and passionate about making a difference in the lives of patients, join us!