Scientist / Senior Scientist, Proteomics
The Discovery Technologies team at Relay Therapeutics is focused on applying state-of-the-art technologies towards the discovery, characterization, and optimization of small molecule therapeutics to treat patients with unmet medical needs. The team is seeking a self-motivated scientist with extensive hands-on proteomics experience to develop and apply groundbreaking proteomics applications to our drug discovery programs. As a creative collaborator with an interdisciplinary team of biologists, chemists, computational, and mass spec scientists, you will play a central role in the proteomic characterization of drug targets and their interactions with small molecules. You will be able to attend scientific meetings relevant to your area of expertise. This is a unique opportunity that will expose you to working with an amazing group of scientists, and a wide range of projects where your experimental and intellectual contribution will be key to the success of our programs.
- This role will require deep knowledge and expertise in developing high quality quantitative proteomics-based applications to address mechanistic questions in drug discovery, such as assessing small molecule-protein interactions, determining the effects of hit, lead, and candidate molecules on the proteome, and exploring functions of cellular signaling networks modulated by PTMs.
- Design and prioritize proteomics experiments in collaboration with the biology team.
- Execute proteomics experiments, using our top-of-the-line proteomics mass spectrometer, process and analyze the data, prepare visualizations, and provide biological interpretation.
- Present your results concisely to project teams, propose and prioritize next steps.
- You will have the opportunity to investigate and develop your skillset in other areas of mass spectrometry, including techniques such HDX-MS, ion-mobility, native MS, high throughput MS screening (ALIS), etc.
- Maintain an awareness of the current and relevant scientific literature, particularly in areas of mass spectrometry/ proteomics, and actively apply new concepts as appropriate.
- Your voice is important. We’ll count on you to contribute to group knowledge and expertise through collaboration and idea exchange with multidisciplinary teams.
- You earned a PhD in Bioanalytical Chemistry, Biochemistry, or a related discipline.
- You have spent at least 5 years gaining relevant industry and/or postdoctoral experience.
- Extensive hands-on experience in discovery proteomics including sample preparation, analytical method development, instrument operation, and data analysis.
- Expertise with Thermo-Orbitrap Mass Spectrometers and nanoflow HPLC; other vendors are a plus.
- Knowledge of high-throughput quantitative proteomics methodologies such as TMT, SILAC and/or Label-free approaches is a must.
- Mass Spectrometric data analysis using Xcalibur, Chimerys/ Proteome Discoverer, MaxQuant, etc.
- You have experience working with targeted protein degraders and/or stabilizers.
- You're an articulate communicator with the ability to analyze, interpret and present data in a clear manner.
- You are self-motivated, enjoy working in a fast-paced dynamic team environment.
- You are scientifically curious and have demonstrated a willingness to evolve with new technologies and drug discovery approaches.
- You have a track record of scientific excellence as reflected by high impact, peer reviewed publications and/or patents.
About Relay Therapeutics
Relay Therapeutics is a clinical-stage precision medicines company transforming the drug discovery process with the goal of bringing life-changing therapies to patients. Built on unparalleled insights into protein motion and how this dynamic behavior relates to protein function, we aim to effectively drug protein targets that have previously been intractable, with an initial focus on enhancing small molecule therapeutic discovery in targeted oncology. Our Dynamo platform integrates an array of leading-edge experimental and computational approaches to provide a differentiated understanding of protein structure and motion to drug these targets. We have built a world-class team of leading experts from each of these disciplines, and they are driven by a deep collaboration at every step of our drug discovery process.
Our team is equal parts fearless and relentless, with a shared passion for working collaboratively in intellectually stimulating environments. If you’re excited by the challenge of putting protein motion at the heart of drug discovery and passionate about making a difference in the lives of patients, join us!