Associate Director, Operations Program Management Office
Quantum-Si is pioneering a new generation of technology to create the market of Next Generation Protein Sequencing (NGPS). Similar to Next Generation DNA Sequencing (NGS), which gave us a blueprint of what could happen by studying our DNA, NGPS enables an unbiased view of the proteome through improved scale, resolution, and sensitivity leading to better understanding of disease and improved general health.
We operate at the intersection of biochemistry, chemistry, hardware, molecular biology, photonics, semiconductor chips, and software with a goal to drive a digital transformation of a $44 billion dollar proteomics market.
Join us on the journey to transform healthcare, motivated by the idea that the products you work on will change the lives of millions of people around the world.
QSI is seeking a highly motivated and passionate Associate Director, Operations Program Management Office (PMO) to join our team. This leader is primarily responsible for facilitating the development and deployment of Operations strategy to support QSi's strategic imperatives and business goals. The role is also responsible for partnering with the Head of Operations to improve the effectiveness and cohesiveness of the operations organization, as well as facilitating/leading continuous improvement, change management, and PMO community of practice, etc.
The scope of the Operations organization includes operations strategy, product transfer, sourcing, purchasing, S&OP, manufacturing, logistics, quality assurance, ops facilities, on market product support, etc.
As part of our team, your core responsibilities will be:
- Build the Operations PMO from the ground up, defining processes and providing mentorship and support to both project management and Operations colleagues
- Be a trusted advisor and thought partner to the Head of Operations
- Partner with the Operations team on key initiatives and internal capabilities development, increasing the maturity of Quantum-Si's internal Design Control, Product Development Process, Quality, and Change Management systems
- Collaborate closely with senior leadership to define and execute departmental goals, ensuring alignment of objectives and key results with the overall business strategy
- Develop and implement project management best practices, methodologies, and standardized processes to drive consistency and efficiency across projects
- Manage and prioritize the Operations project portfolio, ensuring projects are appropriately resourced, scoped, and scheduled for successful execution
- Monitor project progress, identify potential roadblocks, and proactively implement corrective actions to keep projects on track and within scope
- Foster a culture of collaboration and effective communication across both cross-functional teams and contract manufacturing partners, ensuring seamless coordination, knowledge sharing, and tech transfer
- Provide regular status updates and executive summaries to cross-functional stakeholders and senior leadership, highlighting key achievements, risks, and opportunities
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives to enhance project delivery, resource allocation, and overall PMO performance
- Bachelor's degree in Biological Sciences, Engineering, Operations Management, or a relevant scientific or technical discipline required; Master's degree preferred
- 12+ years of Program / Project Management experience in the Life Science/Biotech Industry, with at least 5 years in a senior Program / Project Management role and department leadership experience
- Deep knowledge of Project / Program Management methodologies with the ability to create and manage detailed project plans, work breakdown structures, and identify and optimize the critical path
- Understanding and experience driving a set of broad operational projects including projects associated Product Transfer from Development, Manufacturing, Supply Chain and Quality System
- Ability to work in a fast-paced culture
- Experience managing complex cross-functional projects and portfolios, ideally within an operations or manufacturing environment
- Experience with supplier selection and relationship management; demonstrated success working with contract manufacturing organizations and managing internal and external project timelines
- Experience working with collaborative project management and office productivity tools and software (e.g., Smartsheet, SharePoint, Jira, MS Project, collaborative communication tools and file management systems)
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills, with the ability to inspire and guide teams toward achieving project goals
- Results-oriented mindset with a demonstrated ability to drive process improvements
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred
Ideally, you also have these skills/experiences/attributes (but it’s ok if you don’t!):
- Experience in defining, assessing, recommending, and implementing business system tools
You Deeply Identify with Core Quantum-Si Values:
- Team: We are stronger as a unit and collectively committed to the goal and each other
- Accountability: Be accountable to the goal, the team and yourself
- Passion: We are enthusiastic and dedicated to expanding scientific understanding and its impact
- Excellence: Be aggressive and have a sense of urgency but take pride in each task taken on
- Transparency: We align as an organization and communicate success and challenge
- Competitive: We do not fear but learn from making mistakes. We play to win!
- Diversity: Each individual regardless of role makes a difference and impacts our progress
We offer great perks:
- Competitive salaried compensation - we value our employees and show it
- Equity - we want every employee to be a stakeholder
- Fully covered medical insurance plan along with a generous company sponsored health reimbursement account, and dental & vision coverage - as a health-tech company, we place great worth on our teams’ well-being
- Company paid life insurance, short term and long term disability
- Flexible Paid Time Off - personal responsibility for managing our own time, workload and results plus 14 paid holidays inclusive of MLK Day, Juneteenth, Indigenous People’s Day and Veterans Day
- Parental Leave - we provide a generous 10 week parental leave and additional 6-8 weeks pregnancy related leave for birthing parents
- Pre-tax commuter benefits - we make your commute more reasonable
- Free onsite meals + kitchen stocked with snacks
- 401k plan - we facilitate your retirement goals
The estimated base salary range for this role based in the United States of America is: $150,000 - $185,000. Compensation decisions are dependent on several factors including, but not limited to, level of the position, an individual’s skills, knowledge and abilities, location where the role is to be performed, internal equity, and alignment with market data. Additionally, all full-time employees are eligible for our discretionary bonus program and equity as part of the compensation package.
For this role, we provide visa assistance for qualified candidates.
Quantum-Si does not accept agency resumes.
Quantum-Si is an E-Verify and equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or Veteran status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.