Strategic Supplier Manager
Quantum-Si is pioneering a new generation of technology to create the market of Next Generation Protein Sequencing (NGPS). Similar to Next Generation DNA Sequencing (NGS), which gave us a blueprint of what could happen by studying our DNA, NGPS enables an unbiased view of the proteome through improved scale, resolution, and sensitivity leading to better understanding of disease and improved general health.
We operate at the intersection of biochemistry, chemistry, hardware, molecular biology, photonics, semiconductor chips, and software with a goal to drive a digital transformation of a $44 billion dollar proteomics market.
Join us on the journey to transform healthcare, motivated by the idea that the products you work on will change the lives of millions of people around the world.
The Strategic Supplier Manager will manage supplier business relationships which include pricing and contract negotiations, component quality, forecasting and supply assurance.
As part of our team, your core responsibilities will be:
- Oversee vendor selection and relationship management, including monitoring vendor deliverables and schedules aligned with procurement goals.
- Monitor quality performance and perform supplier quality audits and assessments.
- Manage supplier corrective action process.
- Lead supplier quality ranking and development.
- Work with suppliers to negotiate business terms and ensure Quantum-Si receives the cost, quality, and performance needed.
- Oversee cost management – negotiate pricing, cost reductions, RFQs, benchmarking and cost modeling.
- Analyze technical and business risks and develop strategies for mitigation.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or related field.
- 6+ years experience in Global Supply Management with electrical (ASICs, Microprocessors, PCB, ICs, Passives) or mechanical components (enclosures, plastics, anodized aluminum, ceramic injection molding).
- Demonstrated ability to articulate complex manufacturing & supply chain concepts to business, engineering stakeholders - and external supply chain partners (contract manufacturers, 3PLs)
- Experience with global supplier development and management, including cost management
- Strong negotiation skills
- Proven track record of meeting challenging organizational objectives
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to maintain and develop relationships within cross-functional teams as well as suppliers’ teams and management
- Exceptional analytical skills
- NetSuite ERP and PDM experience or equivalent
- Working experience in Statistical Process Control (SPC), Total Quality Management (TQM) and LEAN.
- Travel approximately 25-30%
You Deeply Identify with Core Quantum-Si Values:
- Team: We are stronger as a unit and collectively committed to the goal and each other.
- Accountability: Be accountable to the goal, the team and yourself.
- Passion: We are enthusiastic and dedicated to expanding scientific understanding and its impact.
- Excellence: Be aggressive and have a sense of urgency but take pride in each task taken on.
- Transparency: We align as an organization and communicate success and challenge.
- Competitive: We do not fear but learn from making mistakes. We play to win!
- Diversity: Each individual regardless of role makes a difference and impacts our progress.
We offer great perks:
- Competitive salaried compensation - we value our employees and show it
- Equity - we want every employee to be a stakeholder
- Fully covered medical insurance plan along with a generous company sponsored health reimbursement account, and dental & vision coverage - as a health-tech company, we place great worth on our teams’ well-being
- Company paid life insurance, short term and long term disability
- Flexible Paid Time Off - personal responsibility for managing our own time, workload and results plus 14 paid holidays inclusive of MLK Day, Juneteenth, Indigenous People’s Day and Veterans Day
- Parental Leave - we provide a generous 10 week parental leave and additional 6-8 weeks pregnancy related leave for birthing parents
- Pre-tax commuter benefits - we make your commute more reasonable
- Free onsite meals
- 401k plan - we facilitate your retirement goals
- Beautiful office in Branford, Connecticut OR Beautiful office in the heart of San Diego
- The opportunity to build a revolutionary healthcare product and save millions of lives!
The estimated base salary range for this role based in the United States of America is: $125,000 - $175,000. Compensation decisions are dependent on several factors including, but not limited to, level of the position, an individual’s skills, knowledge and abilities, location where the role is to be performed, internal equity, and alignment with market data. Additionally, all full-time employees are eligible for our discretionary bonus program and equity as part of the compensation package.
Quantum-Si does not accept agency resumes.
Quantum-Si is an E-Verify and equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or Veteran status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.