Head of Commercial Excellence
Quantum-Si is pioneering a new generation of technology to create the market of Next Generation Protein Sequencing (NGPS). Similar to Next Generation DNA Sequencing (NGS), which gave us a blueprint of what could happen by studying our DNA, NGPS enables an unbiased view of the proteome through improved scale, resolution, and sensitivity leading to better understanding of disease and improved general health.
We operate at the intersection of biochemistry, chemistry, hardware, molecular biology, photonics, semiconductor chips, and software with a goal to drive a digital transformation of a $44 billion dollar proteomics market.
Join us on the journey to transform healthcare, motivated by the idea that the products you work on will change the lives of millions of people around the world.
The leader of our commercial excellence team will provide visibility and predictability to our business and support overall commercial enablement from an operating standpoint. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of building appropriate commercial processes to support the sales and marketing organizations. In this position you will build and lead a team while collaborating with various departments to drive business growth, improve efficiency, and enhance the overall commercial performance. This role requires a strong understanding of sales processes, customer relationship management, and business analytics.
As part of our team, your core responsibilities will be:
- Strategy Development: Collaborate with senior management to develop and implement commercial strategies aligned with the company's goals and objectives.
- Team leadership: Build a team of commercial operations professionals, including sales analysts, sales operations specialists, and customer support representatives. Provide guidance, coaching, and performance management to ensure team members meet their targets and contribute to the company's success.
- Sales Go to Market Support: Work with Sales Leadership to define territory and commission structure to support GTM strategy and objectives. Build analytics and reporting for commissions and geographical expansion plans and targets.
- Sales Process Optimization: Streamline and improve sales processes, from lead generation and opportunity management to contract negotiation and deal closure. Identify bottlenecks, implement best practices, and leverage technology to enhance efficiency, shorten sales cycles, and increase conversion rates.
- CRM Administration: Oversee the strategic direction, administration and utilization of the customer relationship management (CRM) and Marketing Automation system. Ensure accurate data entry, maintain data integrity, and provide training and support to the sales team on CRM usage. Use CRM data to generate insights and reports for sales forecasting, pipeline analysis, and performance tracking.
- Performance Analysis: Monitor and analyze key performance metrics and sales data to identify trends, patterns, and areas for improvement. Provide regular reports and insights to senior management, highlighting sales performance, market dynamics, and opportunities for growth.
- Contract Administration: assist in drafting, reviewing, and negotiating sales contracts and agreements. Ensure compliance with terms, conditions, and pricing structures. Maintain an organized contract repository and manage renewals, amendments, and terminations.
- Sales Support and Enablement: Collaborate with marketing, product, and sales teams to develop sales enablement programs and logistics, tools, and systems to support them. Collaborate with the sales team to generate quotes, proposals, and product information to support pricing and availability.
- Continuous Improvement: Stay updated on industry trends, market dynamics, and emerging technologies related to commercial operations. Proactively identify opportunities for process improvement, automation, and innovation to enhance the overall effectiveness of the commercial operations function.
Baseline skills, experiences, and attributes:
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, marketing, or a related field. A master's degree is a plus.
- 7+ years of sales operations experience, preferably in the Life Sciences industry.
- Strong management and leadership skills and experience in owning and leading projects.
- Experience with incentive compensation, field reporting, customer segmentation, field force sizing and business planning.
- In depth experience using Salesforce.com, ERP (NetSuite perferred) and MS Excel and sales enablement tools.
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving abilities, with a data-driven mindset.
- Strong business acumen and strategic thinking capabilities.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and manage multiple priorities.
Domestic and international travel 20% - 30% of the time depending on location.
We offer great perks:
- Competitive salaried compensation - we value our employees and show it
- Equity - we want every employee to be a stakeholder
- Fully covered medical insurance plan along with a generous company sponsored health reimbursement account, and dental & vision coverage - as a health-tech company, we place great worth on our teams’ well-being
- Company paid life insurance, short term and long term disability
- Flexible Paid Time Off - personal responsibility for managing our own time, workload and results plus 14 paid holidays inclusive of MLK Day, Juneteenth, Indigenous People’s Day and Veterans Day
- Parental Leave - we provide a generous 10 week parental leave and additional 6-8 weeks pregnancy related leave for birthing parents
- Pre-tax commuter benefits - we make your commute more reasonable
- Free onsite meals
- 401k plan - we facilitate your retirement goals
- Beautiful office near the ocean-front in historic Guilford, Connecticut
- The opportunity to build a revolutionary healthcare product and save millions of lives!
The estimated base salary range for this role based in the United States of America is: $180,000-$250,000. Compensation decisions are dependent on several factors including, but not limited to, level of the position, an individual’s skills, knowledge and abilities, location where the role is to be performed, internal equity, and alignment with market data. Additionally, all full-time employees are eligible for our discretionary bonus program and equity as part of the compensation package.
For this role, we provide visa assistance for qualified candidates.
Quantum-Si does not accept agency resumes.
Quantum-Si is an E-Verify and equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or Veteran status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Something looks off?