Quantum-Si is pioneering a new generation of technology to create the market of Next Generation Protein Sequencing (NGPS). Similar to Next Generation DNA Sequencing (NGS), which gave us a blueprint of what could happen by studying our DNA, NGPS enables an unbiased view of the proteome through improved scale, resolution, and sensitivity leading to better understanding of disease and improved general health.
We operate at the intersection of biochemistry, chemistry, hardware, molecular biology, photonics, semiconductor chips, and software with a goal to drive a digital transformation of a $44 billion dollar proteomics market.
Join us on the journey to transform healthcare, motivated by the idea that the products you work on will change the lives of millions of people around the world.
The VP, Controller will be tasked with building and maintaining a high performing accounting team spanning general accounting, external financial reporting, technical accounting, treasury and internal controls. The role will be a direct report to the CFO with significant exposure to the Leadership Team and the Board. The proteomics market opportunity is massive, and this role will have a large impact on ensuring the company’s trajectory towards huge success.
As part of our team, your core responsibilities will be:
- Directs all aspects of accounting operations and oversees Company transactions related to SEC reporting, technical accounting, general accounting, receivables and payables.
- Develops and maintains all necessary accounting policies and systems, ensuring that records are kept in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Maintains a strong internal controls environment that adheres to SOX standards.
- Coordinates the preparation and review of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements, including oversight of the annual audit.
- Oversees all technical accounting and external financial reporting.
- Oversees the treasury function including all banking transactions and investment policies.
- Provides reporting to the Audit Committee on quarterly basis, as well as annual audit results, control observations and remediation activities, and financial regulatory matters.
- Evaluates the technical competence, effectiveness, and productivity of the accounting/ finance team, striving to continually and cost-effectively improve performance in meeting the needs of the Company as it grows such as process redesign, system implementation, and condensed close cycle.
- Manages the tax function by closely working with the external tax provider to ensure compliance across all tax matters and helping to design an effective tax efficient strategy.
- Partner with the executive management team, business units and other members of the finance team to provide advice on financial implications of business activities.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting; CPA required and Big 4 experience preferred
- 12+ years of relevant experience with a combination of public accounting and private sector work within the medical device, life sciences, or high tech space
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP and public company reporting requirements
- Strong working knowledge of federal, state, and local tax compliance
- Experience with technical accounting areas such as revenue recognition, lease accounting and inventory valuation/treatment
- Experience with multi-currency consolidations
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong knowledge of systems including ERPs such as Netsuite, expense management tools, and AP automation
Ideally, you also have these skills/experiences/attributes (but it’s ok if you don’t!):
You Deeply Identify with Core Quantum-Si Values:
- Team: We are stronger as a unit and collectively committed to the goal and each other.
- Accountability: Be accountable to the goal, the team and yourself.
- Passion: We are enthusiastic and dedicated to expanding scientific understanding and its impact.
- Excellence: Be aggressive and have a sense of urgency but take pride in each task taken on.
- Transparency: We align as an organization and communicate success and challenge.
- Competitive: We do not fear but learn from making mistakes. We play to win!
- Diversity: Each individual regardless of role makes a difference and impacts our progress.
We offer great perks:
- Competitive salaried compensation - we value our employees and show it
- Equity - we want every employee to be a stakeholder
- Fully covered medical insurance plan along with a generous company sponsored health reimbursement account, and dental & vision coverage - as a health-tech company, we place great worth on our teams’ well-being
- Company paid life insurance, short term and long term disability
- Flexible Paid Time Off - personal responsibility for managing our own time, workload and results plus 14 paid holidays inclusive of MLK Day, Juneteenth, Indigenous People’s Day and Veterans Day
- Parental Leave - we provide a generous 10 week parental leave and additional 6-8 weeks pregnancy related leave for birthing parents
- Pre-tax commuter benefits - we make your commute more reasonable
- Free onsite meals
- 401k plan - we facilitate your retirement goals
- Beautiful office in the heart of San Diego
- The opportunity to build a revolutionary healthcare product and save millions of lives!
The estimated base salary range for this role based in the United States of America is: $225,000- $275,000. Compensation decisions are dependent on several factors including, but not limited to, level of the position, an individual’s skills, knowledge and abilities, location where the role is to be performed, internal equity, and alignment with market data. Additionally, all full-time employees are eligible for our discretionary bonus program and equity as part of the compensation package.
For this role, we provide visa assistance for qualified candidates.
Quantum-Si does not accept agency resumes.
Quantum-Si is an E-Verify and equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or Veteran status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Something looks off?