Field Application Scientist, West Coast
Quantum-Si is pioneering a new generation of technology to create the market of Next Generation Protein Sequencing (NGPS). Similar to Next Generation DNA Sequencing (NGS), which gave us a blueprint of what could happen by studying our DNA, NGPS enables an unbiased view of the proteome through improved scale, resolution, and sensitivity leading to better understanding of disease and improved general health.
We operate at the intersection of biochemistry, chemistry, hardware, molecular biology, photonics, semiconductor chips, and software with a goal to drive a digital transformation of a $44 billion dollar proteomics market.
Join us on the journey to transform healthcare, motivated by the idea that the products you work on will change the lives of millions of people around the world.
We are seeking a Field Application Scientist to support sales and customers as the technical product and application expert. The role reports into the commercial team. A successful candidate will have an enthusiastic, entrepreneurial work ethic. This person will work closely with sales, product management, market development, and marketing.
As part of our team, your core responsibilities will be:
- Sales Support: Conduct customer meetings and seminars
- Make recommendations that fit customer’s needs and highlight Quantum-Si’s solution
- Help with final report delivery and ensure customer’s evaluation of Quantum-Si’s solution met their expectations
- Understand technical details of Quantum-Si’s product line and applications
- Identify customer needs and/or problems, and be knowledgeable in all Quantum-Si reagents, kits and assays. Introduce solutions to needs/problems where appropriate.
- Present technical seminars remotely or in-person to small and large audiences
- Promote product positioning and messaging in all customer conversations
- Research new applications from customers and present to Market Development and Product Management for further consideration
- Proof of Concept Runs: Help develop detailed experimental plan, expected outcomes, and set expectations.
- Technical Support – e-mail, phone, Teams, site visits
- Conduct On-site and remote trainings of Quantum-Si’s product workflow.
- Provide support as necessary regarding assays they are currently running.
- Troubleshoot assay, instrument, software issues and escalate to appropriate personnel as needed.
- Determine when instrument repairs are needed and initiate repair order in field or in house.
- Collect and relay voice of customer feedback on new product and application development to Market Development and Product Management team
- Identify edits in sales collateral (manuals, application notes, etc.) and product offerings, and participate in their revision.
- Maintain access to Quantum-Si’s most recent literature and marketing information so that they can be provided to customers with a need.
- Deliver ideas and occasionally participate in webinars and other marketing campaign tactics
- Attend tradeshows in region as needed
Location and Travel Expectations:
- This position will be remote and based on the West Coast, preferably in San Diego, CA or San Francisco, CA.
- This position will require travel not to exceed 75% (3 weeks per month)
- Scheduling of site visits will be your responsibility in conjunction with Business Development Managers, subject to approval by regional FAS manager.
- 4-year Bachelor’s degree in life sciences, biology, or related field
- Masters/PhD preferred but not required if have 2+ years lab experience
- 2+ years field application or similar technical support roles required OR combination of lab experience with technical support roles (e.g. runs core lab facilities and interacts with customers to train them on instruments)
- Strong technical background in one or all of the following: NGS, proteomics, Mass Spectrometry.
- Ability to understand different research areas (e.g. neuroscience, immunology, oncology) and stay up to date on scientific applications in these areas
- Excellent written/oral communication skills
- Take initiative and have a strong growth mindset
You Deeply Identify with Core Quantum-Si Values:
- Team: We are stronger as a unit and collectively committed to the goal and each other.
- Accountability: Be accountable to the goal, the team and yourself.
- Passion: We are enthusiastic and dedicated to expanding scientific understanding and its impact.
- Excellence: Be aggressive and have a sense of urgency but take pride in each task taken on.
- Transparency: We align as an organization and communicate success and challenge.
- Competitive: We do not fear but learn from making mistakes. We play to win!
- Diversity: Each individual regardless of role makes a difference and impacts our progress.
We offer great perks:
- Competitive salaried compensation - we value our employees and show it
- Equity - we want every employee to be a stakeholder
- Fully covered medical insurance plan along with a generous company sponsored health reimbursement account, and dental & vision coverage - as a health-tech company, we place great worth on our teams’ well-being
- Company paid life insurance, short term and long term disability
- Flexible Paid Time Off - personal responsibility for managing our own time, workload and results plus 14 paid holidays inclusive of MLK Day, Juneteenth, Indigenous People’s Day and Veterans Day
- Parental Leave - we provide a generous 10 week parental leave and additional 6-8 weeks pregnancy related leave for birthing parents
- Pre-tax commuter benefits - we make your commute more reasonable
- Free onsite meals
- 401k plan - we facilitate your retirement goals
- The opportunity to build a revolutionary healthcare product and save millions of lives!
The estimated base salary range for this role based in the United States of America is: $90,000 - $150,000. Compensation decisions are dependent on several factors including, but not limited to, level of the position, an individual’s skills, knowledge and abilities, location where the role is to be performed, internal equity, and alignment with market data. Additionally, all full-time employees are eligible for our discretionary bonus program and equity as part of the compensation package.
For this role, we provide visa assistance for qualified candidates.
Quantum-Si does not accept agency resumes.
Quantum-Si is an E-Verify and equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or Veteran status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Something looks off?